Installing SeaStar hydraulic steering on a 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all. I’m replacing the leaking BayStar hydraulic steering system on my 2003 2120 Sport Cabin. Installing a new SeaStar system. My question is, is there enough clearance at transom to install the new support rod without removing engine from transom??
Thanks in advance......

Have you bought the Seastar unit already?

If not......Buy a Uneflex.... Why? To stop having leaks.

Yes, I already have the SeaStar kit. Just recently read about the Uflex......just trying to avoid pulling engine from stern to install the support rod......

Brent":2p4tjrth said:
I switched to Uflex hoses and ram but kept SeaStar helm pump. It was not leaking and turned smoothly- sure hope I didn’t make a mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope.....When it starts to leak.....Replace with a Uflex :)

Sometimes you have to unbolt the engine to get the old steering cable out.

I just pick it up and out a little with my A-Frame and Cum-A-Long.

If the cable is already removed? You will not need to unbolt to install the hyd steering.

The leaking BayStar system was on boat when I acquired it. Headed to boat today with the support rod from the SeaStar. Hopefully I’ll get lucky.
Thanks to all for the input. Great website. Good people.....

OK If it has a Baystar on it now...Then the motor will not need to be removed.....If you get in a tight spot turning bolts.....You can change that by turning the engine.

Thanks for the info. Going to try to hold off on replacing until I pull it at end of season. I have everything ready to go....

Back