Intermittent bogging solved

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Island Dreamer

Reaction score
I wanted to share this if it helps anyone with bogging issues on their Parker.
I have a 1997 Parker 2520 with a 5.7 Volvo Penta and was having some sporadic bogging issues above 3300 rpms. I did all the usual tune up stuff, changed out the crab style distributor cap often as it's a known issue, checked for internal damage to fuel lines, and checked the ball and spring in the anti siphon valve. I ended up installing a Racor filter between the tank and the stock filter and decided to try running the boat with the pick up screen removed. That seemed to solve all the issues. When I removed the screen, I didn't see any junk attached to it. I can only assume that there was certain amount of cloggable material in the tank that would make its way on to the screen and cause issues when I pushed the rpm's passed 3300. Now that I have the racor, Ill just let the open ended fuel pick up tube grab any junk in the tank and make its way to the filter.

Side note. There's a site on Instagram called "Parker Kooks" that is pretty funny.

Back