Is this a 23 se or 23 dv ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Efx

Reaction score
Which hull is this? Owner says it’s an SE. looks to be dv to me. From a blurry pic I think I see 2300 on the side of the console. I’ve never seen an SE that has a full transom and bracket. I’ve asked for a photo of the CG plate.

Attachments

• IMG_0785.jpeg
    IMG_0785.jpeg
    654.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
DV based on what you said about the transom and bracket. Plus, you can see the 2 strakes/chines on the hull in the second pic on the trailer.
Great boat!

Looks like DV with the two strakes. Great hull...much better riding and seaworthy than the SE. The only thing the SE performs better is in skinny water other than that DV wins all other categories.

Looks like DV with the two strakes. Great hull...much better riding and seaworthy than the SE. The only thing the SE performs better is in skinny water other than that DV wins all other categories.
Thanks, I’ve never seen an SE with an enclosed transom and bracket. But Parker has made a lot of boats.

DV based on what you said about the transom and bracket. Plus, you can see the 2 strakes/chines on the hull in the second pic on the trailer.
Great boat!
It’s for sale in NC. I think it has the original fuel tank. That’s the tough part.

As long as it is priced for a fuel tank replacement and it checks out, go for it.
It has new power, but everything else looks original. It’s a 1998. Definitely new tank vintage. The current price is “elevated”. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Looks clean. I have the exact same boat (2300DV) in same configuration and year except I have a 2008 yami f250. Love the boat! Only two complaints.

1) When fully tilted up, lower unit remains in the water collecting growth in the water intake. Incredibly annoying to me as I'm on a mooring. Indication that the boat is ass heavy which is well documented on this website.
2) Access to the center console. Almost impossible for all but a small child. I'm 6'3" 220lbs. I can get into the console via the front bench seat but I do it once per year and requires crazy gymnastics and tons of swearing! Hard for me to believe Parker designed the console this way. Kind of like building a car with no way to get under the hood!

Ok rant over. :)

Reactions: Efx
Looks identical to my 2001 DVCC. replaced fuel tank 7k when it was 15 years old.
15-20 years seems to be the window where a depression in the factory foam which holds water will destroy the tank. I’ve seen it many times.

Looks clean. I have the exact same boat (2300DV) in same configuration and year except I have a 2008 yami f250. Love the boat! Only two complaints.

1) When fully tilted up, lower unit remains in the water collecting growth in the water intake. Incredibly annoying to me as I'm on a mooring. Indication that the boat is ass heavy which is well documented on this website.
2) Access to the center console. Almost impossible for all but a small child. I'm 6'3" 220lbs. I can get into the console via the front bench seat but I do it once per year and requires crazy gymnastics and tons of swearing! Hard for me to believe Parker designed the console this way. Kind of like building a car with no way to get under the hood!

Ok rant over. :)
I’d place it on a lift, probably a four bladed prop and a permatrim. Seems to be the norm. Regarding console access, yea it sucks. Try placing four batteries in a 17’ console, I’ve done it and it’s a contortionist event.

Which hull is this? Owner says it’s an SE. looks to be dv to me. From a blurry pic I think I see 2300 on the side of the console. I’ve never seen an SE that has a full transom and bracket. I’ve asked for a photo of the CG plate.
I have a 1993 Parker 23 deep V. On mine there is a metal badging that tells me how many people and wheat I’m allowed on the boat. It also tells me that it is a 2300 DV.
The sticker on the side of the center consul should say 2300. Looking at the center consul to your right of the face. It should have a badging that tells you how many people are you allowed on the boat and wait. On this badging it will tell you if it’s a deep view or not.
I have a 1993, 2300 DV and this is what is on my boat.

Attachments

• IMG_4170.jpeg
    IMG_4170.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4171.jpeg
    IMG_4171.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I have a 1993 Parker 23 deep V. On mine there is a metal badging that tells me how many people and wheat I’m allowed on the boat. It also tells me that it is a 2300 DV.

The sticker on the side of the center consul should say 2300. Looking at the center consul to your right of the face. It should have a badging that tells you how many people are you allowed on the boat and wait. On this badging it will tell you if it’s a deep view or not.
I have a 1993, 2300 DV and this is what is on my boat.
Have you had the boat for some time ? You are happy with it?

Have you had the boat for some time ? You are happy with it?
I had the boat for approximately five years. I’m very happy with the boat. They’re much better built in the 90s and early 2000s then they are now.

This is a Deep Vee. The two chines indicate Deep Vee. An SE will only have one. Attached is a pic of my 1999 23' Deep Vee. Looks like the year models are close too

Attachments

• 35198-fff986d5dcdf2fea43369029a1942d4a.jpg
    35198-fff986d5dcdf2fea43369029a1942d4a.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 23 Deep Vee.jpg
    23 Deep Vee.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Back