Issue fueling my 2320 + Replacing Gas and Vent hoses

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfish

Reaction score
The last three times I have tried filling my 2004 2320, I have had gas come out the gas vent and the pump automatically shut off, but when I fire the boat up I am down one bar on my fuel gauge--about 15 gallons. I am guessing it could be the sender, or I am having issues with my vent? Any ideas?

Secondly, how challenging is it to change your fuel and vent hoses by yourself? Something I should have my local shop do? Or, is it something I can myself?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Pat

Check the hull vent fitting is not blocked by insect nest.

Fuel sender can be tested with DVM without pulling.

Good time to pull the sender and replace the gasket.

Good time to check heat shrink connectors and ground wire.
Bad connections occur.

What is the condition of the hoses by sight and hand?
Are hoses double clamped?

Hoses can be replaced. It is like pulling wires.

Good time to pull hatches and replace.

Search the site and read projects. Just enter key words into Search Box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoses can be replaced. It is like pulling wires.

But can be 10 times harder.....That stuff does not like to bend.....OH.....and the reinforcement wire....Yea..It can end up stuck in your hand.

Sometimes boat manufactures will install the hoses....and then do the flotation foam....Now thats Real fun.....NOT!

I changed my hoses on my 2110 last year. Not as easy as it looks. The 4 inch pvc which the lines travel through was cut in half by the height of the tank. The hoses kept getting stuck. I used a double barbed fitting first and then tried to wire them together. I suggest using a very soapy solution to help or a shit load of wire lube. Good luck.

Back