Led underwater lights.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swordchaser

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am an engineer at MIT and have built intense underwater lights for my 2520xl parker for tuna and swordfishing in the canyons. I will soon be selling them on ebay. Mine are directional and can shoot out sideways or straight back. I currently have 3 on each side of the extended transom and are they bright green. By the way green and blue are the wavelengths that travel the farthest in the water. White gets absorbed too quickly. I will post pictures soon on this same project board. I will be selling them in sets of three-not sure yet on the cost but will be way below the hundreds of dollars i see similar lights going for. They will come with a constant current source and are very easy to install-just a switch and your good to go. Total current draw is about 1.2 amps. I use the luxeon k2 super intense leds with 150 lumens output. Enough to blind you. I also modified my spreader light and now have 3 cree q5 leds in it for 600+ lumens and draws only 1/5 the power of my old 50watt halogen bulb!!!

boatersworld.com has their underwater lights made by Perko
on special 6/26 thru 7-06 regular 329.99$ buy now for 179.99$
Great deal on a quality light...stock# 19-726-1373
save 150.00$

Well i am can tell you i have a pair of the 1st model underwater lites from the guy on THE Hull Truth now i just got a new pair from him that he upgrade things and i can tell you there is good quailty of lites he makes for sure!!!And any problems with them he works with you for sure he is a real real pleasure to do business with!!!! 10 being the highest and 1 be the worst he is a 10 for sure!!!

i know someone that makes underwater lights...not sure if i can post links from other sites here or not.

PM me and I'll send ya the link.

Hey megabyte those that are on that link are the ones i have from the guy on the hull truth,they are real bright i can tell you that!!!

It won't be this year, but I plan to have a set of underwater lights installed by the time by boat splashes next spring. :wink:

Latest posts

Back