Line Color

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
As we all are getting our gear back in shape I am replacing some of the line on s few reels. What are the thoughts on the braid color? Yellow vs Green and such. I guess when bottom fishing it really doesn't matter since you cant see the line anyways but spinning reels and trolling it may help with visibility. I would guess a longer leader would be needed. Just want to see if anyone here uses the hi-viz stuff.

I use hi viz while trolling, helps me see where the lines are, but weather trolling or bottom fishing a good leader is the key in my opinion, bottom fishing I like to use a good grade of flurocarbon leader

My trolling reels are all spooled with yellow braid.
Spinning gear is a combo of yellow or green braid, and all have fluorocarbon leaders.

I guess I am also a retro has-been. I spool all my spinning reels with hi viz yellow mono. Got tired of the braid death knots. For spinning to stripers and blues, not a whole lot of advantage of the no stretch of braid. I do zero bottom fishing (would rather watch reruns of Oprah...), so that may account for the choice.

totally agree that flouro is the ONLY way to go for leaders.

Back