Line Color

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
As we all are getting our gear back in shape I am replacing some of the line on s few reels. What are the thoughts on the braid color? Yellow vs Green and such. I guess when bottom fishing it really doesn't matter since you cant see the line anyways but spinning reels and trolling it may help with visibility. I would guess a longer leader would be needed. Just want to see if anyone here uses the hi-viz stuff.

I use hi viz while trolling, helps me see where the lines are, but weather trolling or bottom fishing a good leader is the key in my opinion, bottom fishing I like to use a good grade of flurocarbon leader

My trolling reels are all spooled with yellow braid.
Spinning gear is a combo of yellow or green braid, and all have fluorocarbon leaders.

I guess I am also a retro has-been. I spool all my spinning reels with hi viz yellow mono. Got tired of the braid death knots. For spinning to stripers and blues, not a whole lot of advantage of the no stretch of braid. I do zero bottom fishing (would rather watch reruns of Oprah...), so that may account for the choice.

totally agree that flouro is the ONLY way to go for leaders.

Latest posts

Back