Live from the CBBT

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J.A. Veil":3cknlqc9 said:
No Tilghman Island tennis shoes (TITS) for him. He has blue and yellow boots. That must be standard gear for the non-Parker crowd.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe the "B" man has a scupper problem. :p

Just always prepared to fish a scout :shock: :wink: 8) :lol:

(and never had taken water over the top when retrieving or launching the boat)

B-Faithful":3erj6bxe said:
Eeling must not be for me at the CBBT. We eeled until about 8:30 amongst the masses at 18 and we didnt even get a run off. There were some big fish brough in by eelers on Sat so it is something we will have to figure out. .

I would not give up on live bait. You'll catch more fish pullin plastic, hardware, etc. You'll catch trophy fish w/live bait. Almost always true, for all fish.

We live bait with eels off of Cape May and around Annapolis but this was only my 3rd time to the CBBT so I am still learning the area. When live bait fishing it is more important to know the areas that hold fish. Trolling the bridge structure allows me to cover a larger area to find some fish. I do plan on eeling more down there in the future. Part of the problem was that the weather was too nice and the place was a zoo. The popular spots that hold fish were crazy crowded. I almost wish there was some cold weather and drizzle to keep some of the other boats at home :lol:

B-Faithful":3p2yp7l2 said:
When live bait fishing it is more important to know the areas that hold fish. :

I know that's true. Do stripers congregate around bait? Often times, I look for bait and try to stay on the bait. Even when I'm in a targeted area, I won't put baits in water till I see bait ball.

B-Faithful":2wn34toq said:
Trolling the bridge structure allows me to cover a larger area to find some fish.

I call BS on you again! We troll because that gives us lazy fisherman an opportunity to drink beer until one gets on the line. If you're constantly running around chasing bait, you're not maximizing your beer time. :)

gw204":3r6xcf94 said:
B-Faithful":3r6xcf94 said:
Trolling the bridge structure allows me to cover a larger area to find some fish.

I call BS on you again! We troll because that gives us lazy fisherman an opportunity to drink beer until one gets on the line. If you're constantly running around chasing bait, you're not maximizing your beer time. :)

OH! :shock: The picture is MUCH clearer now :p We have those same type of fishermen here also. They drag chrome fish around. :roll:

FishFactory":188d6cx5 said:
OH! :shock: The picture is MUCH clearer now :p We have those same type of fishermen here also. They drag chrome fish around. :roll:

Actually, most of use use white and/or chartreuse up here. But occasionally, some chrome does go out. :)

gw204":2v5lgbmq said:
Actually, most of use use white and/or chartreuse up here. But occasionally, some chrome does go out. :)

"Pimp My Bait" :roll:

Why do some fishermen think that a fish that voraciously attacks live eels/menhaden/pinfish/etc. had rather eat some plastic (that seems to be decorated by P Diddy)?

Brian, I dont think a beer was drank on the boat all weekend.. No one else thinks the open end of a 5 gal bucket is a comfortable seat :lol: (although Stingray's food can kill you too)

Here are some "pimp daddy" lures FishFactory 8)
tandem_para_bigeye_rubylip.jpg

tandem_para_smiling.jpg

umb_rtf.jpg

And the ultimate striper lure... out caught fish 5:1 over anything else
(although bubba was caught on a yellow tandem bucktail dressed with a 9" and 6" shad - It grabbed the 6" trailer but had two big 9-10" bunker in its mouth along with our bucktail)
umbrellarigged.jpg

B-Faithful said:
And the ultimate striper lure... out caught fish 5:1 over anything else
(although bubba was caught on a yellow tandem bucktail dressed with a 9" and 6" shad - It grabbed the 6" trailer but had two big 9-10" bunker in quote]

If I understand, bubba was caught on a rig with 2 real (maybe live) shad on it? You say bubba had 2 menhaden or bunker in him. Someone told me there were no menhaden in Chesapeake. :?

Looks like your big bubba was caught w/a real fish, and your plastic lure caught the most (albeit smaller) fish?

nope, my bucktails were dressed with rubber shads. The fish just so happened to have 2 live bunker in its mouth in addition to our bucktail with a 6" rubber shad.

Kev, you lures look too pretty and clean. Get out and drag some of them suckers :D

Wow Richard! Thanks for the shots. I wish I would have thought to get a shot of you all with ny father's camera. (I am getting the wife a new digital camera for Christmas so maybe next year!)

Thanks again :!:

Back