Locking Fuel Fill

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac:

If you are lucky enough to keep your boat reasonably close to where you sleep (assuming a theft at night), I know a guy who uses a small motion sensor that sits out of sight on the boat. He had a problem with bums crawling under the cover to sleep, pee and poop etc. The other part of the sensor sits on your night stand next to your bed. If triggered, it can flash, buzz, or both. In your case, it would have been hard to remove 700 lbs of gas without triggering a sensor.

That's the only measure besides a dog that I can think of........or maybe a sign near the fill that says 10% ethanol. :wink:

wouldn't be possible to disconnect gas line from motor and use the bulb to siphon fuel from tank. if you had connection hose the same as the motor i would think with a small electric pump we would all be in trouble. tinmantoo bel air md. was 2 parker guy now just one

Tinman -

I have approximately 70-75 gallons still in my tank that I need to pump out. I disconnect my gas lines and take 10 gallons out at a time using the bulb. It's a slow process but it works. I then put those 10 gallons into my truck and fill the portable tanks back up. At $3.59 a gallon I hate to waste it.
------
On a side note, one local marina offered to pump my tank out for $100. They would get the fuel and "recycle it." Which to me means resell it or use it. Thanks but no thanks.

Latest posts

Back