Lori K gets a new tank

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SBH2OMan":2do388h4 said:
markman03":2do388h4 said:
How much do you think the final cost is going to be?

Tank $2200

Haul-out $500

Fuel disposal $500

Labor - probably $4,000

But I’m not entirely sure about that - don’t have a firm quote yet.

Total $4,000 ?? Is that a 140 gallon tank?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No my guess is probably about $7,500 once everything is said and done.

SBH2OMan":p64y8cqh said:

Floor is not going to be reglassed? That’s a lot of money. You don’t want to paint it. I do that and it’s a pain.

Marty D":3uxxjtmx said:
SBH2OMan":3uxxjtmx said:

Floor is not going to be reglassed? That’s a lot of money. You don’t want to paint it. I do that and it’s a pain.

The floor will be glassed and gel coated with non skid. We had it redone a few years ago by the same yard and it turned out well.

Yea it’s a lot of money. Welcome to So Cal where I pay $8 for a dozen eggs, $6 for a loaf of bread and $4.10 a gallon for gas.

SBH2OMan":38p8tli1 said:
Marty D":38p8tli1 said:
SBH2OMan":38p8tli1 said:

The floor will be glassed and gel coated with non skid. We had it redone a few years ago by the same yard and it turned out well.

Yea it’s a lot of money. Welcome to So Cal where I pay $8 for a dozen eggs, $6 for a loaf of bread and $4.10 a gallon for gas.

It’s expensive here in the Hamptons also. When they did the glass with non skid, what did they charge you?

We had it done along with a complete re-do of bottom paint so not sure but the total bill for that a few years ago was like $6k.

SBH2OMan":35f7vk2u said:
We had it done along with a complete re-do of bottom paint so not sure but the total bill for that a few years ago was like $6k.

Wow!! You put some money into her. We all spend money on out parker boats. I repowered with 250 Suzuki but sold the old motor 200 HPDI yami for $5500. Total cost was $12,500. I told my wife boat going to need a gas tank soon. (Maybe not) she said hell no - you sell it !! That’s not going to happen. Lol.

Yea. It seems to come in waves. We literally will spend $0 for several years and the. Wham-O $8k for new tank and other stuff. Having it slipped definitely increases the cost but it sure is convenient.

SBH2OMan":1rvzaym2 said:
Yea. It seems to come in waves. We literally will spend $0 for several years and the. Wham-O $8k for new tank and other stuff. Having it slipped definitely increases the cost but it sure is convenient.

Our slip when up this year. They measure the boat now. It all started with a guy who said he has a 34 ft. It said 34 on side of boat. Guy cut the boat in half and added 4 ft. The marina caught it and went to every boat and measure. The 2320 with full bracket in rear measure 32 ft. I got charged for 10 ft more. We only pay $140 a ft. Lots of marina here charge $240 ft. I’m paying over $4K just for summer slip. I got the bill in April and see 8.6 tax added????? I know for a fact - you can not charge tax for in the water. That’s why people have house boats and live on lakes all year. I told the owner and he played dumb. I just said I pay cash. What he doesn’t know he should be charging a environmental tax of 2 percent. We love our boats. Lol

Would you be willing to put up some pictures of the deck from a bit farther out? I am contemplating similar and am curious exactly where the tank resides under the deck.

I hear you on the cost of living in CA. I am in Northern California regularly, I honestly can't do the math on how working class folks can live there.

Back