Making a 2520 More Family Friendly

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maineparker1

Reaction score
Does any one on here have any experience and/or pictures for adding some family friendly additions to the cabin of there 2520? For example, has anyone installed a stand up head and sink? Galley/stove? Pressurized water system (hot and cold)?

We are in the last stages of deciding and pulling the trigger on a used 2520, but would like to know that the possibility of adding these options to the boat is possible. If not, then we may to chose another type of boat.
Thanks in advance

The 2520 is a great boat. Maybe someday I'll own one with twins. Maybe when I grow up and the cost of fuel returns somewhere near reasonable.

I intend on having the stove/frig combo and then having custom pedastals with storage drawers made for under each seat. I have a policy of no girls on my boat so I won't need a head.

Our 2520XL is our family's third boat. Our last boat was a walkaround with flushing head, shower, sink, fridge, the works. We never used any of them. Every year I had multiple water systems to winterize and still ended up replacing pumps, hoses, etc. Two years ago we decided to simplify and bought the Parker brand new, specifically without anything put a port-a-potti. We couldn't be happier and don't miss any of the galley amenities. We fill a hanging sunshower (hung from rocket launchers) before each trip and it does the trick for showering after swims. I also keep a collapsible 5-gallon camping water jug for extra fresh water. I can't imagine realistically using a stove. If we ever wanted to cook something we'd bring a propane marine grill.
My wife and two boys prefer the extra space and freedom to bring what we want and need rather than afix accessories we're happy to live without.
I say Simplify and Enjoy! Live with it for a year and see what you can't live without. Doubt you'll come up with much...

Here's my custom galley, 2-burner propane stove, SS sink with 15-gallon fresh water supply, under-sink storage, and then 3 drawers for plates/utensils, etc., as the top drawer as shown is a false front.

Galley1-M.jpg

Galley2-M.jpg

Ahhhhhhh storage! Nice Dale. Plus I need a burner to make coffee for those 4am starts east of Chatham.

I found the older I'm getting the more I want the shelter and comfort of a cabin.

Does any one on here have any experience and/or pictures for adding some family friendly additions to the cabin of there 2520? For example, has anyone installed a stand up head and sink? Galley/stove? Pressurized water system (hot and cold)?

Sounds like you need a 2530. :D :D :D

All the reasons you stated minus the stand up head are why I decided on the 2530. In my opinion it is a good compromise family/fishing machine. Unfortunately with the economy the way it is I have been toying with the idea of really downsizing and selling her but I have not made any rash decisions yet.

Look into the 2530, if you can find a good used on you may be surprised. I like the galley package and dinette for making food and keeping the kids occupied. My galley came with a portable Kenyon stove that is more than adequate for what we do and the fresh water system is great for cleaning and hosing kids off. Check one out. :D

and/or pictures
8) 8)
Good Times!!!

P8120158.jpg

Btyan,

That is one, great picture. It's a keeper that you and the family will enjoy for many, many years.

What a fantastic memory to have in a pic 30 or so years from now !!!

Back