Marine Head Holding Tank . . .

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin G.

Reaction score
Hello CP folks,

I have a marine head on Empty Pockets and it has ever been used.

I know that I test flushed it twice when at the dock prior to the Sea Trail last year.

By default, I realized I have two ‘flush loads’ of salt water in my holding tank for the last year. Whoops. That’s ‘prolly not so good . . .

I will pull the boat this weekend and use a ‘portable lake’ and flush the head a time or five with fresh water and perhaps scrub the head. It had standing salt water in it at the Sea Trial and could use a scrub.

Is there a product that you folks would recommend for cleaning the head other than Comet or Ajax (or what ever)?

Also, is there any product I should put through the system prior to having the holding tank purged?

Should I keep some amount of product (what ever that is/would/will be) in the holding tank in general?

This kinda sounds weird . . . but what do you folks do for ‘care and feeding’ of your marine head and holding tank?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Kevin G.

Thanks for the tip Capt. Kevin,

I use Salt Away to rinse the boat and flush the engines.

I will put some through the head then.

Thanks!

Kevin G.

Kev,

White vinager does a great job of killing head smells, you may want to dump some in through the head after you clean it out. let it stay in the tank.

I still am jealous of yours, :D , I want to get rid of my porta potti and add a permanet system. We'll see if the budget allows this winter. Get your camera ready for more pics.

Good luck. :D

After you are done, take a manual bilge pump and bucket, and pump out the water from the holding tank through larger diameter screw cap on top of the holding tank.

Or leave it in there with holding tank treatment.

Dana

Back