Maximizing the live well on a 22' 21'se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJBayhound

Reaction score
Last weekend was the first time I've used the live well, seemed about 6 adult bunker was the max. These were snagged bunker not netted. But I was wondering if anybody adds another pump/bigger pump or some sort of airator. I thought maybe a couple air stones on a bubbler pump may help or possibly raising the stand pipe to get a few more inches of water in there. I'm not interested in a 55 gallon drum set up just trying to slightly increase the capacity in the stock live well. Thanks fella's.

Even w/ the not so lively bunker we still caught a dozen over 38" nothin smaller then 42" Few PB's 2 over 50" w/ 30"+girth measurment. Good way to start off striper season on my new parker

if you can raise the stand pipe a couple inches (have that much room) - i’d start there. simple, easy, no harm no foul if it splashes too much or etc.

a buddy with another brand boat has a hard time keeping baits alove in his livewell. He just opens it up every 5-10 minutes and quick pours a gallon or so of over the side with a bucket water in to add aeration. does seem to help.

Last weekend was the first time I've used the live well, seemed about 6 adult bunker was the max. These were snagged bunker not netted. But I was wondering if anybody adds another pump/bigger pump or some sort of airator. I thought maybe a couple air stones on a bubbler pump may help or possibly raising the stand pipe to get a few more inches of water in there. I'm not interested in a 55 gallon drum set up just trying to slightly increase the capacity in the stock live well. Thanks fella's.

Even w/ the not so lively bunker we still caught a dozen over 38" nothin smaller then 42" Few PB's 2 over 50" w/ 30"+girth measurment. Good way to start off striper season on my new parker
If you leave your seacock open AND the actual livewell valve open (inside the livewell) every time you move the boat some of the old live well water will be exchanged with fresh seawater. The new water will raise the level enough to force water out the overflow on the sandpiper and be replaced with new water. Raising the stand pipe may cause a minor delay in the refresh rate. Snagged bunker are tough to keep alive.

I put a bigger pump in mine, I can hold 4 bluefish for good part of the day for giant fishing. Bunker last a long time too but I net mine.
I’ll find the link I believe it’s close to 2000gph.
2020 2100dvcc

Sometimes when i snag bunker, if they are bleeding a lot, I wont put in the livewell. Keeping only the bunker that have been snagged in a good spot help keep the others more lively. Then use the questionable bunker for cut bait.

I got a bigger cast net coming soon so that will help tremendously. My little 5 footer net is good for 1 to 3 bunker if u get lucky throwing from bow/anchor locker area. I've been hitting the live well with the wash down every few mins trying to get some more oxygen in there which is helping while I wait for new cast net to come

I got a bigger cast net coming soon so that will help tremendously. My little 5 footer net is good for 1 to 3 bunker if u get lucky throwing from bow/anchor locker area. I've been hitting the live well with the wash down every few mins trying to get some more oxygen in there which is helping while I wait for new cast net to come
I use a gill net it’s a lot easier

Back