Minn Kota i-pilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Salt

Reaction score
Hello Captains, I have a question. Has anyone used or have any experience with the Minn Kota i-pilot? I'm on the east coast and was wondering if it would work on my 2520 on the ocean and if so which model would be suitable. I notice that the ad shows a Parker on a calm day. Any information would be appreciated.Thanks in advance

Does anyone have one of these on a 2320 pilot house? Would be interested in any feedback/pictures of installation location as well as appropriate model (size) used? Also your overall opinion and assessment of conditions suitable for proper function?
Thanks

I just bought a 36 volt Rhodan and am now contemplating how I'm going to install it on my 2520 XL SC. I'll post something when I figure it out.

Phil

It looks like the best way to install the Rhodan is on the port side bow approx 6" to the rear of the running light. It will require cutting out a short piece of the rail in order to swing the shaft down 90 deg across the bow to the storage position. Collars will hold the rail cutout in place after repositioning the motor shaft. It's cozy, but it will fit. The three Group 31 AGM batteries will go in the forward berth, between the toilet and the access door to the anchor well.

Been off the forum for a little while, and while circling back to some of the old conversations, noticed this one.
I Finally purchased a minn kota 87 and I’m in the beginning stages of figuring out best way to go about installing. I noticed that Sydngoose (who was in on this old thread) posted about his own install back in 2021.. Wondering how this install has worked on the water?
Any issue with the shaft being subject to any impacts while exposed outside the rail? If all has been a success, any help with bracket design would be appreciated.
Thanks

Been off the forum for a little while, and while circling back to some of the old conversations, noticed this one.
I Finally purchased a minn kota 87 and I’m in the beginning stages of figuring out best way to go about installing. I noticed that Sydngoose (who was in on this old thread) posted about his own install back in 2021.. Wondering how this install has worked on the water?
Any issue with the shaft being subject to any impacts while exposed outside the rail? If all has been a success, any help with bracket design would be appreciated.
Thanks
There’s a bunch more info on this since then. Would help to know what you’re installing it on and what your basic plan is. Check out the search function.

There’s a bunch more info on this since then. Would help to know what you’re installing it on and what your basic plan is. Check out the search function.
Yes I have since looked back in the archives and found some additional information on this topic from Syndgoose as well as others.. I am looking to install on my 2320 pilot house and plan on proceeding with the same install as Syndgoose.

It looks like the best way to install the Rhodan is on the port side bow approx 6" to the rear of the running light. It will require cutting out a short piece of the rail in order to swing the shaft down 90 deg across the bow to the storage position. Collars will hold the rail cutout in place after repositioning the motor shaft. It's cozy, but it will fit. The three Group 31 AGM batteries will go in the forward berth, between the toilet and the access door to the anchor well.
Installed mine just like you stated. My greatest concern was having to cut the bow rail. Now that it is done I have no regrets at all. The only thing about my Rhodan is the manual deploying but then that is why I take along the young ones.

Latest posts

Back