My 2520DV (2002)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Madison CT

Reaction score
No real reason why I'm posting, but maybe somebody can see something and incorporate it into their boat:

My Helm Area:
IMG_1097.jpg

Kicker Controls:
IMG_1094.jpg

4 Rod holders in each Gunnel !
IMG_1074.jpg

250hp Yammie with her little baby, 9.9hp High Thrust Kicker:
IMG_1100.jpg

The kicker bracket was added afterward and I bought it direct from Armstrong for about half what my Parker dealer wanted. It was already painted to match the Parker gelcoat color:
IMG_0987.jpg

Finally a side shot with Radar on mount, hailer speaker, outriggers and a few goodies:
Toggin111107013.jpg

Looks GREAT John :D !

I like that 2nd control for the kicker, nice work.

That looks sweet- the exact same setup (kicker) I plan on adding to my 2520mv with the notched transom. If you had the opportunity to rig your kicker differently (controls, ect), would you change your setup or keep it the way it is?

John - she looks great. I am glad to see that you are still enjoying the rig. Thanks for sharing .

Brad

I assume that is a "Pod" that contains your electronics? I have two older Raymarine displays and I'm getting tired of removing them each time I leave the boat. Do you think the Pod is:
1) secure enough to dissuade most thieves; and
2) won't cause lots of damage if the thief takes crowbar to the mount?

Porkchunker: If a thief really really wanted to steal the Raymarine C120 in the NavPod, I guess they could, but they may do damage to the unit. Otherwise, I like the way it swivels too. I turn it to the right when I drive and straight on when drift fishing so that I can see it in the back of the boat.

BrianS: I wouldn't change a thing with the kicker. She runs perfectly this way. A bracketed Parker definetly needs the extra long shaft version. IMO, the 9.9hp Hi-Thrust is the way to go in HP. It pushes the boat to "hull speed" relatively easily. Any larger would have diminishing returns, with added weight.

John_Madison CT":250dvbs6 said:
....maybe somebody can see something and incorporate it into their boat:
Spoken in the true spirit of sharing that makes ClassicParker such a great place to hang out. Thanks for posting John. 8)

Hey, what's the panel below the wheel to the left that looks like an array of six toggles or rocker switches?

Hey, what's the panel below the wheel to the left that looks like an array of six toggles or rocker switches?

Those are additional switches I added to control things like the fishfinder module, Autopilot, etc... The Raymarine fishfinder is normally hardwired and if left that way it used lots of juice.

Hey John, whats the height to the top of the........just kidding.

She looks great. I am also thinking of adding a fourth rod holder on each side, I do have room for it even on a 2530.

The rod holders on the side hanldles are great.

I notice all the wires around the windshield.

I have been trying to find a better way myself and keep coming up blank.

Anyone have any pics of something to hide those pesky wires?

Looks great!

I love the pod for your plotter. do you find it hard to see around looking trough the port windshield from the helm?

Also, I love the kicker bracket. If I do more offshore fishing with the boy as he gets older, I may have to add that as well!

nice photos. thanks for sharing! :D

Yeah, the Navpod does obstruct my vision somewhat, but I adjust to it by being even more vigilant in looking out on the water. I just have to lean forward a tad to see what's on my port side.

Brian S: My boat, with the bracket, needed a 25" kicker (considered the extra long shaft). There is no way you could get away with a shorter one.

John, Do you have an Armstrong Bracket or Stainless Marine. My 2520 came with a Stainless Marine without kicker bracket. When i was looking for a moun t I contacted stainless Marine and what they came up with is an Aluminum plate 1" thick that installs between motor and bracket. I have a pic, but dont know how to post. The price for the aluminum was $650 and it was already powdercoated the color of tthe boat. How much was the kicker bracket from armstrong if you dont mind me asking. Thanks

Brian

I paid $200 for my kicker bracket. I called Armstrong directly and they took care of it. The color is exactly like that of the bracket.

Back