My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warthog5":3hjk9trb said:
.............. Awlgrip "Egg Shell white" is the closest match to the gellcoat.

Not to worry about matching bracket to hull as they do not match from the factory. For 2006 boats (year of mine) the bracket is a shade lighter than the hull color.

Fiberglass Coatings has a color called Dusky which is a spot on match on the bracket.

For Brent........FWIW last I heard "Imron" is the paint Armstrong puts on the bracket. And from my project, there doesn't seem to be any type of visible primer.

Attachments

• IMG_1050.jpg
    IMG_1050.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 603
FWIW last I heard "Imron" is the paint Armstrong puts on the bracket. And from my project, there doesn't seem to be any type of visible primer.

There is not any primer....It's not paint. They Powdercoat it.

warthog5":2m9qkyct said:
FWIW last I heard "Imron" is the paint Armstrong puts on the bracket. And from my project, there doesn't seem to be any type of visible primer.

There is not any primer....It's not paint. They Powdercoat it.

Stainless Marine powdercoats their brackets, Armstrong uses Imron (DuPont product) on all brackets shipped to Parker. The Armstrong rep (Lawrence) however assures me they do use a primer called 5510S (Dupont). If so, it is very close in color to the top coat. I have quite a few things around the house that are powdercoated.........I wish the Imron was as durable but it is not as it doesn't take much sand or scuff off. Armstrong sells an Imron touch-up kit for Parker brackets for $20.

FWIW I was sandblasting some powder coated legs belonging to some church benches the other day......with the rig I had it was not easy going.

Yep...I know what you mean.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using one boat to fix another. We were working at night. The best way to get some light on the subject is to use the Flounder boat..

100_2564.jpg

32613photo13_zpse6c34f74.jpg

This is it. We have beat our bodies hard to get this done.

32613photo1_zps16ba5be1.jpg

32613photo2_zpsb9a7a48d.jpg

32613photo3_zps69aec2ea.jpg

32613photo5_zps1805be87.jpg

That's just crazy ... AWESOME, but crazy man!

Had a good friend remove the AF bottom paint from his boat, I didn't volunteer to help ... and we're still friends.

... I would rather loan him $$!

Great job!! Ive done that once in my life on a 20 ft CC, nearly killed me and that was at the age of 18, NEVER AGAIN!!! Look great!

As my son says...."It's 99% done, but our bodies are done 100%. Going to get it and bring it home this morning.

Bryan 2530":18g6h6n6 said:
Those are some pretty cool pics, you really get to see the shape of the mod V with the lights on it.

Yea pretty interesting how it flattens right out in the back

I shot some Gray Awlgrip 545 primer on the bracket over the yellow. [I had it and wanted to use it up.]

Then I shot some White 545 over that. I'll sand on all that and then come back with another coat of White Primer if I cut thru to the Gray, which I'm sure I will. The White Primer covers easier with light colors.

I ordered the Crows Nest Console today. :) It's being built local.

Orca Marine
[850] 944-6024

100_4935_zpsb4291e71.jpg

100_4937_zpsebbcad71.jpg

warthog5":2893h5k0 said:
As my son says...."It's 99% done, but our bodies are done 100%. Going to get it and bring it home this morning.

We sure didn't have any volunteers. It was a huge learning curve even after a week of research. I honestly don't believe you could put a price on removing bottom paint.

Maybe it's just me, but that boat looks like it got three feet longer when you took the bottom paint off. :)

Watching paint cure today. I got the bracket painted yesterday before going to Easter dinner.

I rolled it out to let the sun bake on it some. It's 75degs here.

100_4947_zps9a16c201.jpg

Tomorrow I'll flip it and tape out for the nonskid and apply that.

My son helped a lot financially and physically on the bottom of the boat. My partner and I wanted to repay him. So he got a Surprise on Easter. Diawa Bull 1000 and a 500M factory pack of 150 braid.

The smile on his face tells all.

100_4943_zps63d81428.jpg

Non Skid done today.

Taped out:

100_4948_zpsf6b88e1b.jpg

Insulator pads installed between motor and bracket. [1/8in Rubber Glued with contact cement]

100_4949_zps8a8e5690.jpg

Nonskid rolled out.

100_4950_zps8f9e311a.jpg

I think the pix makes it look courser than it actually is.

100_4951_zpsa16ae217.jpg

Latest posts

Back