My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. :) It will not happen right away, but collecting all the parts. The '95 250 Yamaha was traded to the dealer for the 2nd station Kit. That kit is $2K

Touched up the bilge with SW Tile Clad HS.

100_4964_zps0230f887.jpg

Bored out all the transom bolt holes to 9/16in. This will clean then and show new wood. Then all holes sealed by swabbing epoxy resign in the holes using a gun swab.

100_4963_zpsbcdc14e9.jpg

Hmmmmmmm..... Never considered using a bore swab to epoxy coat... but with that many holes, it makes perfect sense. 8)

Yes the dual station controls is fairly expensive not even counting all the labor hours put in to rig it. Definatley pays to be able to do this ourselves. If I'm not mistaking the DF300 can be run fly by wire or traditional cable controls. Which route will you be going? I can tell you running 3 steering hoses and 4 push pull cables through the tower legs for twin yamahas can be a daunting task.

No....It is All Fly-By -Wire or nothing. Suzzy has now jumped the DF-250 up to Fly-By-wire. Having had Fly-By-wire.......It's the Cat's Ass. :)

My partner Ed and I. :)

Brad23_zps0123f242.jpg

Brad24_zpsbb24b273.jpg

This is about the ONLY time you will find "Me" using 5200.

Brad25_zpsd08e2bc8.jpg

She's shinny and ready to go to the dealer Monday morning for her new Bullet. :)

100_4965_zpsbaf58ca0.jpg

100_4966_zpsd65d59f6.jpg
\

100_4967_zpsb996de41.jpg

warthog5":2n8d3jt4 said:
This is about the ONLY time you will find "Me" using 5200.

If you want it to be sealed for life, that is the stuff to use.

Looking great Bobby!

Added to Livewell.

After thinking about draining it..... I was just going to loosen the clamp and pull the hose to drain it. I got to thinking. Then I would have to hunt a screwdriver and thats a pain, so I found the right size thruhull fitting for a 7/8in biatwell plug and installed it.

100_4968_zpsa3e3ec14.jpg

100_4969_zps7f4e60f7.jpg

Well.....It's been 24hrs since I dropped it off. Still waiting on the main harness, but here's some pix's.

I also went to see if anything was out of wack. It was. They copied where the old motor was mounted....before I moved it up. So it was mounted in the #1 hole.

I also learned that they want 6 bolts holding these bigger motors and supply a special double bolt washer for the top bolts.
Another thing. There are 5 bolt holes. Each @ 5/8in differance in height. The old standard was 3/4in between bolts.

I had the Yamaha in position 3 and was fixing to move it to position 4. He's going to move the Suzzy to position 4.

I'm pacing like a expectant father.

100_4973_zps5f207b59.jpg

Normally you only get one of these gauges. It has everything on it, but you have to jump thru menus, which I do not want to do.

100_4974_zps4047ceb6.jpg

Here you can also see a 2in gauge added which will be dedicated to motor trim, but it can read other stuff too. You can also see the special Suzzy station select, warm up Start/Stop switch.

100_4975_zps2886eb1d.jpg

100_4977_zps3173082f.jpg

The control? It's just plain Sexy. It is much shorter than most controls. [hard to tell in the pix] but I would describe it as the short throw shifter I added to my Mustang. :)

100_4976_zpsb6fc383b.jpg

100_4978_zpsd35c505d.jpg

Man, that looks great. I think the Suzuki motors are a perfect match for these hulls. Cant wait to see how it turns out. I bet it will definitely be well worth that excruciating wait. :mrgreen:

Hey Warthog

boats looking good!

I notice your Suzuki gauges are re branded Lowrance LMF 400.

Will you be dialing in the fuel management?

If so, how about posting up a tutorial on how you calibrate the fuel level, etc.

Mainly interested in the lmf 400.
I recently installed a couple of them in my boat and getting ready to calibrate them.

Picked up the boat at 8:00am this morning. Straight to the water.

It was a relief after 1 1/2hrs of going slow and just messing around. The Bay was like a washing machine. If you were brave enough to take a center console out there....Then you were wet.

We went all over the place with the boat. We filled the almost empty port tank up. We started smelling fuel. This was not good and I pulled the inspection pieplates. Sure enough that Damn fuel sender in the Port tank with one stripped screw was the culprit. Good I can seal that.

The motor is mounted in the 3rd hole. I was apprehensive to go to the 4th right off the start. I can always move it. There is a LOT of interest behind the scene on this motor.
The japs were at my dealer from Yamaha. They went crazy over this Suzzy. They were examining it for 2hrs and taking pix's.
Why. Because of the foot on this motor.

I and my partner Ed could not have made a better choice. This motor is MADE for a 25 Parker pilothouse.

No I don't have all the detailed numbers. I'll work on that tomorrow.

But with the motor still to low. A 3 X 16 X 17 Suzzy prop on it. We say a steady 3 + MPG with the boat full of fuel 148gal and 4 people aboard. We had the same 4 + my son and my 4 Grandchildren at one time today. The Grandchildren are ages 3 to 11 so they are lightweights.

So far the motor touched on 5800 for a couple of seconds. Top speed so far is 41MPH.

With the washing machine chop the boat wanted a LOT if not FULL tabs to keep the nose down. It rode better and actually got better fuel mileage. Speaking of millage....The absolute worst I saw today for a split second it fell to 1.8 with the throttle jammed on the bulkhead.

Speaking of throttle. It's a 1 finger movement. This thing just feels Awesome with it's short throw. Aprox 1 1/2in shorter than the average control.

In closing......It is NIGHT & DAY different from that Damn 250 2 Stoke that was on it.

I moved the boat from one bayou to another and loaded it up. The weather was just to nasty. This had the windows so fogged that it was a hazard to run the boat so I just loaded it and brought it home with 9 1/2hrs on it.

Then I spent 6hrs yesterday redoing the wiring to my liking. Fairly typical and I'm picky as Hell.

Latest posts

Back