My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just stir in the nonskid...Using the Restolum brand.

It calls for 4oz [which is the whole can] per Qt......Thats to much. I go 2oz. per Qt.

On the tanks. If your cutting the deck....Take the tanks All the way out for inspection. I have pix's of one that had no smell. Customer did not want to take the tank out....I told him.....WERE taking the tank out!

Here is what we found. If your there...Take it out. Think what would have happened a year or less from now. It's a PITA job...You ONLY want to do it Once!

More detail.

The Bright shiny wheel looked good .... But not in the bright sun where it would flash your eyes.

A lot of Big sport fishers have gone to making everything in the top of the tower a mate finish Black.

Took the wheel off and Bead Blasted it.

Before:

100_5727_zps5b44687c.jpg

After:

100_6502_zpsl8buv2dv.jpg

100_6503_zps6rsqbtxx.jpg

More stuff :) New Rockford Fosgate Tower speakers.

Have a Fusion 2 channel amp coming to power them.

20150611_111621_zpsqjtl9rc1.jpg

20150611_111630_zpsgzcdvjlb.jpg

20150611_113658_zpsp6vqs3m3.jpg

The new Fusion amp mounted and wired. :) Very happy :)
It is mounted on the outboard side of the box that the captians chair at the helm is mounted on. Out of the way....Plenty of air to cool it.

20150613_145342_zpsfgwjnu8l.jpg

Another project.
The original Lower Helm has a freewheel spot in it. IE: Sometimes when you turn the wheel to the left [as much as 1 1/2 to almost 2 revolutions there is no response. Then it will catch and it can be dangerous.

In all this upgrading I'm changing out all the old Seastar stuff to the new High Performance Uflex.

This is known as the UP25FM-SVS [Uflex pump 25= 1.5cuin Front mount - Silver Series] Yes it has different numbers actually on the pump, but note the
1500 That is for 1500PSI and that makes it for high torque motors as apposed to the 1000PSI you normally see.

Uflex recommended to me to go with the 1.5 as apposed to the 1.7. Said it would add a 1/4turn lock to Lock, but would be easier to turn.

100_6530_zpsxuh7qjyb.jpg

100_6529_zps7gslzi8y.jpg

This is the Silver Series cylinder that I have.

100_5035_zpsdb9d0933.jpg

The High performance stuff costs more, but being bothered by leaking cylinders and helms is something I don't like and willing to pay more for a higher quality product. :)

Specifically designed for high performance and high torque applications, the SilverSteer™ features a 1500 psi helm and keyed bullhorns on the cylinder for maximum durability and minimal lost motion.

Whether a bass boat, flat boat or tournament style offshore fishing boat, the SilverSteer™ will deliver smooth, responsive and precise steering.
Adjustable boss style fittings allow precise hose routing without the risk of breaking the fittings by overtightening or leaking fittings from loosening during installation, a common problem on competing cylinders.
The SVS helms are always to be installed in conjunction with the UC128-SVS cylinders and the Kit OB-SVS hoses, which are also specifically designed for high torque applications.
The front mount version is a direct drop-in replacement for competing helms. Both the front mount and tilt helms feature stainless steel shafts and 90° adjustable nickel-plated brass fittings.

warthog5":3qvpkz9k said:
Another project.
The original Lower Helm has a freewheel spot in it. IE: Sometimes when you turn the wheel to the left [as much as 1 1/2 to almost 2 revolutions there is no response. Then it will catch and it can be dangerous.

In all this upgrading I'm changing out all the old Seastar stuff to the new High Performance Uflex.

This is known as the UP25FM-SVS [Uflex pump 25= 1.5cuin Front mount - Silver Series] Yes it has different numbers actually on the pump, but note the
1500 That is for 1500PSI and that makes it for high torque motors as apposed to the 1000PSI you normally see.

Uflex recommended to me to go with the 1.5 as apposed to the 1.7. Said it would add a 1/4turn lock to Lock, but would be easier to turn.

100_6530_zpsxuh7qjyb.jpg

100_6529_zps7gslzi8y.jpg

This is the Silver Series cylinder that I have.

100_5035_zpsdb9d0933.jpg

The High performance stuff costs more, but being bothered by leaking cylinders and helms is something I don't like and willing to pay more for a higher quality product. :)

Specifically designed for high performance and high torque applications, the SilverSteer™ features a 1500 psi helm and keyed bullhorns on the cylinder for maximum durability and minimal lost motion.

Whether a bass boat, flat boat or tournament style offshore fishing boat, the SilverSteer™ will deliver smooth, responsive and precise steering.
Adjustable boss style fittings allow precise hose routing without the risk of breaking the fittings by overtightening or leaking fittings from loosening during installation, a common problem on competing cylinders.
The SVS helms are always to be installed in conjunction with the UC128-SVS cylinders and the Kit OB-SVS hoses, which are also specifically designed for high torque applications.
The front mount version is a direct drop-in replacement for competing helms. Both the front mount and tilt helms feature stainless steel shafts and 90° adjustable nickel-plated brass fittings.

What an awesome thread! I can't find that silver steer uflex cylinder anywhere on the net. Was it discontinued?

Do you run the boat from the tower pretty often? I have a tower but have yet to put controls up there. Right now it's just used for spotting while trolling.

Mine is the UC128/2-SVS cylinder

You have to do a little digging in their website to find it. [which sucks. :(]

http://uflexusa.ultraflexgroup.com/easy ... hedaid=922

Yes we run it from up top a Lot.

When your spot fishing like we do Cobia..... A Tower without controls is worthless. A person at a lower helm can NOT see what the person in the tower see's and therfore it's a LOT of hollering and miscommunication.... It also results in spooked fish and poor boat positioning to make the bait presentation.

Back