NC Wildlife Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is a 2014 21 ft Parker w/T-Top ,2014 RoadKing trailer and 2014 300HP Evinrude at auction now (ends on 2/19 @ 11;36 . ) .Pictures look really good ,no mention of any defects .Look at NC surplus website , boat is in Raleigh at surplus location. There is a phone number to call for info on the listing .

Could be a great deal or could be a time bomb.

When I've seen the LEO boat come back to the slip after being used , it's put up on an in-the-slip lift/ramp. And then the guys lock the door and walk away. I've yet to ever see them flush the outboards. And they recently repowered with twins, at taxpayer cost.

Could be a great deal, though.

I have owned three different boats from NC Wildlife (Parker, DuraCraft and SeaArk). Like Forrest Gump said, you never know what you are going to get though most are okay. These boats are tools and like some tools, get little use and are well cared for. Others, not so much. If you buy one, plan to spend some time and money making changes (especially adding electronics) and/or repairs. It can still be a pretty good deal but you have to know what you are getting and how much you plan to spend as with any used boat. Very few are "turn key". My son lives a couple of blocks from the main auction site and I have him look at all the arrivals. The problem with inspections on site is that they will not let you start the boats (unlike the cars on the same lot) or at least that has been my experience. The guys willing to take a chance on a boat at that auction generally fall into three categories. The first have inside information about the boat's history and want it based on that. The second are simply willing to risk the money and hope for the best based on a general inspection and/or pictures. They like the "unique" nature of boats that are overbuilt and overpowered for their size (generally). The third are hoping to flip it. Several have shown up days or weeks later (with just a few minor touch ups and maybe a wash job) for sale on Craigslist or Facebook for thousands more. They are easy to recognize. The thing I can't figure out is why folks start bidding so early in the process. I assume they have "auto" bids set for some maximum amount. Maybe they can't be online while the bid closes. Once a few guys have that set up, it will push the bids up well in advance. If you check out the bid histories, normally the person that wins only bids very late in the game. This one must be especially clean to bring over $26k. A similar one (though older) with a Yamaha 300 from Morgantown (freshwater) went for $17,818 last year. Last one with an Evinrude (also older) went for $16,250.

Last edited:
I was the one to win this auction and the boat is amazing and runs like a scalded dog. Hole shot is around 2.5 seconds. I am now looking to sell it to pay for my last year in grad school. There is not hardly and scratch on the boat!

Please call or text me if interested, know someone who is, or you want fresh pictures/videos of it running. (336) 447-5552

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
There is a 2014 21 ft Parker w/T-Top ,2014 RoadKing trailer and 2014 300HP Evinrude at auction now (ends on 2/19 @ 11;36 . ) .Pictures look really good ,no mention of any defects .Look at NC surplus website , boat is in Raleigh at surplus location. There is a phone number to call for info on the listing .
I was the one to win this auction and the boat is amazing and runs like a scalded dog. Hole shot is around 2.5 seconds. I am now looking to sell it to pay for my last year in grad school. There is not hardly and scratch on the boat!

Please call or text me if interested, know someone who is, or you want fresh pictures/videos of it running. (336) 447-5552

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
So what's the asking price?
Based off the JD Power report, it says it is worth $46,700 on average. It does have a fully custom Bausch American Tower T-top that would add value as well. Would love to get 45+ out of it.

Back