Need More Storage Space For 'Stuff'

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin G.

Reaction score
Hello Parker folks,

I own a 2530 with the Galley option.

My cabin configuration has a Ladder-Back pedestal seat for both the Helm and Navigator stations. There is a dinette table to port with a bench seat aft of the dinette table. There is a storage cabinet under the bench seat and a storage cabinet under the Helm station seat.

Aside from the fairly shallow drawers in the Galley cabinet . . . that’s it for storage in the cabin. I do have storage under the v births, the one to starboard is completely useable, the one to port has the plumbing for the head in it as has limited functional storage space.

After all the smoke, dust, shouting and hand-waving is done: I have a BUNCH of air in my cabin and I don’t have squat for storage of ‘stuff’.

It maybe a cry for help: but I have a bunch of ‘stuff’ already and I seem to be collecting more and more ‘stuff’. I gotta find a place to put the ‘stuff’ on the boat.

I have a flushing head, so the storage space between the Helm and Navigator seats has the holding tank in it, so that space isn’t available.

Anyway . . . what clever ideas have you folks come up with to add more storage space for your ‘stuff’ on your Parker?

Please see the attached photo of the inside of my pilot house. Admittedly is does make the Pilot House nice an airy . . . but at the same time, there is a truckload of unused space.

Thanks!

Kevin G.

Port Side View
e8689eae.jpg

Starboard Side View
e8689ebe.jpg

On my 2530 where you're companion seat is I have another bench seat like I assume the one you have aft of your dinette is. I also have the same bench seat cabinet under my helm seat, three total cabinets in all. I have found they swallow plenty of gear. I use alot of Plano type boxes to hold fishing gear as well as other things. Plus you can stack things between the bench cabinets and the hull. But you're right there is not as much storage as you think there would be. This is my first year with the boat and am still learning, I'll keep you posted. :D

Does your dinette convert into a berth????

Hello Bryan,

It sounds like you have the same internal configuration as Joe (Fuellevellow) has.

You can see the photo's of the inside of his cabin on the post for "showing off your 2530". His post is on page two of the thread.

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2162&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

I only have two of those storage spaces you mentioned, owing to the Helm station chair being a Ladder-Back and not a bench.

It is my first year with my boat as well. I am WAY behind the curve! :roll:

LMAO!

Nope . . . my Dinette doesn't convert.

Kevin G.

Kevin G.":3t02yu3h said:
I have a BUNCH of air in my cabin and I don’t have squat for storage of ‘stuff’. Thanks!

I pride myself on being a "stuff" organizer. (My wife tells me it's a neurotic disorder).

Tell us a little bit about what type of "stuff" exactly you are trying to find a space for.

You will be surprised at all of the creative ideas that have come out of this group!!

Back