Need Some Help With My Windshield

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captblock

Reaction score
I have a 25ft 1995 Parker. The windshield leaks on the starboard side in the pilothouse. Where can I buy the gasket or seal that goes around the frame and the window? I have not been able to find a rubber gasket for the front window. The window opens and closes. Do I have to buy a new or used window? If I do, where can I buy a new or used window for the Parker? The dimensions of the window are 30 inches long by 18 inches high. I appreciate any help.

Have you tried Parker? They've been pretty helpful the few times I've called them.

warthog5":12wbm4rw said:
A '95 is going to be Wynn windows. That's what mine are and It's a '95.

Yeah no doubt, I do know some guys retrofitted over the years with DS, just wondering if he got one of those boats.

I spent some coin ordering new seals for my DS windows, only to have out local West Marine carry them a year later.

Might want to try west marine.

A old trick I learned for my 2000 2520DV where the windshield leaked from the day I purchased it brand new and still own today. Use surgical tubing and place it in the void around both opened windsheids. Spot superglue in to help with the threading along the curves. It stopped all leakage and only had to reseal one other time.
Good Luck

Another trick that works for us...assuming it is an opening style window. Thoroughly clean the gaskets and then apply a liberal amount of spa and pool gasket grease/lube. You can pick up a tube at any pool supply. It's water based so no harm to the gasket material. Usually applied 2x times per season.

I have a 1987 Parker 2520, My front (don't open) and the sliding side windows all need new gaskets. The rubber is petrified and shrunk. They are aluminium. Anyone know where I can get new gaskets? The local glass guy, went through all his catalogs and could not find anything close.

Thanks,
Phil

rockvillage":1ws7ksaj said:
I have a 1987 Parker 2520, My front (don't open) and the sliding side windows all need new gaskets. The rubber is petrified and shrunk. They are aluminium. Anyone know where I can get new gaskets? The local glass guy, went through all his catalogs and could not find anything close.

Thanks,
Phil

Brent":1ws7ksaj said:
Wynne's web site is located at
http://www.wynneinc.com/

Info
1:27 PM (3 hours ago)
This is the reply from Parker:

It is going to be tough to find replacement parts for this boat. The window company back then was called Water Bonnet but they are no longer in business. You may have to take them to a glass shop to see if they can redo the windows. An automotive type gasket may work as a replacement.
We don’t’ have any information on boats from that time frame. Sorry we could not be of more help.

Parker Marine Enterprises
2570 NC HWY 101, BEAUFORT, NC 28516
OFFICE: 252-728-5621 |
WWW.PARKERBOATS.NET

rockvillage":3rtutvvd said:

Thanks,
Phil

I have a 1989 2520, with a small leak in non-opening windhsields and all dry rotted gaskets on the side sliding windows. I found the supplier (in a Classic Parker post, of course -

search.php?keywords=marine+glass+specialties&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search )

who bought all of Watrer Bonnets old stock, including gaskets for all of my windows. The owner is knwledgable and quick. He explained to me how to replace everything and I ordered them yesterday. I highly reccomend him for any of you older Parker owners with Water Bonnet windows:

Marine Glass Specialties,Inc.
George Rietheimer President
7801 Colley Rd. Odessa FL. 33556
Phone 813-926-3717
Fax 813-926-8938
E-Mail [email protected]
Web: marineglassspecialties.com

Back