New 23 DVCC with walk-in head

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
Saw pics today of the new console for the 23 DVCC. Completely different from old one. Has step down into head area. Looks nice. St. Pete dealer getting one in soon.

jim

Does it have a front entry like Contender?

Did Parker move the console foreward?

Same 150 or so tankage?

Robin sent me two pics of the console a few weeks ago, when I was enquiring about configurations for the 23DVCC. Unfortunately the picture files are too large to post on this site. They show that there is a door on the port side of the console that leads into the step down. And the console itself is fully redesigned. It no longer has the cabinet above the throttle. Instead the console sweeps up in a fully flat white panel that is (almost) vertical after the throttle. This allows for flush-mounted electronics, with enough space for two big monitors (like the Raytheon E120) and a radio. There are also two can-holders, one to port and the other to starboard. I sent Parker a few questions - about placement of the console and depth of the step-in. Robin said, and this was a few weeks ago, that the placement had not yet been fully decided. She also said the console forward seating (of which I have no pix) would have to change, and perhaps become a fold-down seat. I gather that this was because the console had to be much larger to have room for the head and for a person to squeeze into it. I also asked what kind of head the console would have, and whether a buyer could order a boat with the new console but opt out the head. Robin said that wasn't yet decided either. My dealer, Don's Marine in RI, said that as far as they know Parker will offer both the old 23DVCC (old console) and the new 23DVCC (new console w/head) for at least a few months. My challenge, if I buy a new 23, is to figure out which version to buy. The pics I have don't show me enough to make up my mind. One pic is of the console alone on the ground (not bolted onto a boat) and the other is a port side view from outside a boat in the factory, and it does not make the layout considerations clear. Pretty soon these boats will be visible, and hopefully so will a layout diagram, and then much more will be obvious.

Ok - Got the pics from CHris..
HOpefully its ok to post them. WOW.. big changes

Attachments

• IMG_7331[1] (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7331[1] (Medium).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,376
  • IMG_7322 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7322 (Medium).JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,376
Wow... Lots of room to mount electronics! 8)

Not too sure about that 'double wheel' though. :D

That really looks tall. Don't know if I (6') could see over the top while leaning/sitting on the LP. Maybe it's just the angle of the pic.

jim

Here is a picture of the new console on a 2300 Center Console with a T-Top (the enclosures have been taken down for shipment). I was hoping to get a shot of it in the water but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. As for the height, it is the same height as the existing sport fishing console with the electronics box.

Attachments

• IMG_7404_sm.jpg
    IMG_7404_sm.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 2,219
Very nice... 8)

That is going to be a great option, and should sell well to the family anglers.

Thanks for the photo!

Will the walk in console be an option on any other center console models?

Although i do like the idea I just still can't get past the fact that somewhere, someday, SOMEONE is going to take a BIG STINKY #$%* down underneath someones prized electronics!! :( :( I said on another post, the 5 gallon bucket or overboard suit me just fine. Honestly i can't rememeber the last time i had to use the toilet while i was FISHING!!!

Scoundrel

I know what mean about the bucket. My crew is definitely bucket trained. However there have been times where some privacy was an issue such as the Gasparilla Invasion where you are out there with a bazillion other boats. Bucket or no bucket it's hard to get some flow with someone's Grandma staring at you from 20 ft away.

I think the walk-in head would be a great option. Or maybe it is not optional--I guess that is the question for BoatGirl.

jim

I agree I suppose. I have always just stuck to the notion that steamers on a boat are clams and not &^#!. Nice looking console for sure and plenty of storage I am sure. :shock:

Is the console placed farther forward, Boatgirl?

If it is, is that a positive or negative, from your testing? I can see the ride being bumpier farther forward, but also I can see the boat planing quicker?

I like this boat. Too much.

From what I can see in the photographs, the driving position has not changed. There might be a bit more 'material' and weight forward due to the larger console, but I doubt that it is enough to affect the ride or attitude of the boat. If anything, it might make the ride better.

I do believe there is a benefit to this console that isn't immediately obvious.
Even if you do not plan to use the space as designed for a portable head, it will certainly be excellent for dry storage... and who doesn't need more dry storage on an open CC boat? :wink:

Back