New 23 DVCC with walk-in head

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also noticed the electric switch panel is now on the outside of the console, rather than inside behind a sliding plexiglass panel, as it is on my 2100CC.

Just noticed that too. Sure liked having the switches behind the glass door of the previous design. Maybe they will redesign that back in.....don't see any positives of having those switches exposed like that.....other than maybe a little convenience. That little compartment was also a handy/dry place for wallets, cell phones and keys.

jim

Hmm...
I have to see it in person but so far - I'm not so excited. The console is just to big for my taste's.

It will be interesting to see how the PH models follow in future head designs..

cheers.

Can't imagine that there would be much change at all in future PH models except for the 34. there just isn't room. I am beginning to like this new console. As far as the Electronics box goes.....who needs it! there is more then enough room to flush mount everything you need!

I must digress though....we are still talking about a hole to take a #$@! in underneath your precious Nav equipment. I don't know, i guess we were just taught differently when i was a kid. oh and another thing...can you imagine someone without sea legs hopping down in there to do their business in rough weather?? @#$@ wouldn't be the only thing you would be cleaning up! :?

dave-j

I beg to differ too.
Why do you need cushions?
what is a squid bar?
I would put Pfds and life equipment in the T-top where you can get to it in a jiffy. With the old console, unless you are really skinny, only has a little hole to get into. If you had to work on wiring (and eventually you will have to do that), can you fit your body in there without a door?

Fighting belt. Gosh that should fit almost any where and I would think that it needs to be in a place where you could get to it easily rather than having to get into the old little hole of the console.

The new console has a drain, if there is any compromise that wetness could get in. Heck that compromise is in the old console.

I see flush mounted electronics in the old console. I prefer mine on swivels and will have to figure that out on/in the new console.

HECK, I HOPE WE ARE TALKING APPLES TO APPLES AND ARE VIEWING THE SAMEO, SAMEO as far as old console....I see an old console that has a 6 or 8 inch by 12 or so inch opening to put stuff (my body included, and how do you get a bucket thru it) thru it to get to working on wiring and stuff.....not a door that you can get your body thru and actually do stuff. Maybe your vision is different or you see different designs than I have. I live about 10 miles from the Parker plant and see em all the time.

I would not/do not need a potti. I do need more storage than the current console provides. I need room to get in there and work on stuff that WILL break.

I fish 4-6 days a week, every week that the weather allows and I know stuff breaks and needs being fixed or replaced...having a little hole to stick my arms thru as opposed to getting up close and personal with stuff under the console means a lot to me. Do not like paying someone to do stuff that I can do.

I would be happy with the new console even if it did not have the step down. Just having a little more size and a door where by one could get in there and store stuff and work on stuff is enough for me. I don't do family stuff so am not cruising...just need more dry storage and room to work when things need working on.

The new console makes the 23 DeepV the best design for my needs. Maybe not yours, but I like it.

I have not been on one of the boats with a new design as yet, so I really want to see what the view is like from behind the new console.

That should happen soon

dontcatchmany":138xlhwb said:
I have not been on one of the boats with a new design as yet, so I really want to see what the view is like from behind the new console.

That should happen soon

When you do, could you take some photos and post them?

dontcatchmany":1zwrdy54 said:
dave-j

I beg to differ too.
Why do you need cushions?
what is a squid bar?
I would put Pfds and life equipment in the T-top where you can get to it in a jiffy. With the old console, unless you are really skinny, only has a little hole to get into. If you had to work on wiring (and eventually you will have to do that), can you fit your body in there without a door?

Fighting belt. Gosh that should fit almost any where and I would think that it needs to be in a place where you could get to it easily rather than having to get into the old little hole of the console.

The new console has a drain, if there is any compromise that wetness could get in. Heck that compromise is in the old console.

I see flush mounted electronics in the old console. I prefer mine on swivels and will have to figure that out on/in the new console.

HECK, I HOPE WE ARE TALKING APPLES TO APPLES AND ARE VIEWING THE SAMEO, SAMEO as far as old console....I see an old console that has a 6 or 8 inch by 12 or so inch opening to put stuff (my body included, and how do you get a bucket thru it) thru it to get to working on wiring and stuff.....not a door that you can get your body thru and actually do stuff. Maybe your vision is different or you see different designs than I have. I live about 10 miles from the Parker plant and see em all the time.

I would not/do not need a potti. I do need more storage than the current console provides. I need room to get in there and work on stuff that WILL break.

I fish 4-6 days a week, every week that the weather allows and I know stuff breaks and needs being fixed or replaced...having a little hole to stick my arms thru as opposed to getting up close and personal with stuff under the console means a lot to me. Do not like paying someone to do stuff that I can do.

I would be happy with the new console even if it did not have the step down. Just having a little more size and a door where by one could get in there and store stuff and work on stuff is enough for me. I don't do family stuff so am not cruising...just need more dry storage and room to work when things need working on.

The new console makes the 23 DeepV the best design for my needs. Maybe not yours, but I like it.

That should happen soon

If you leave out the optional "cooler insert" under front console seat, you would have a two and one half foot by one foot access hole. I slide 5 gallon buckets in and out of console, not to mention at 6'5" and 200#'s, I can lay inside console for rigging). :?

IMO, the new toilet console is absolutely worthless, boat show fluff.

Again, I think the new console is a great option.

I like what I have. I keep 4 PFD's in a bag on my T-top, the rest (another 4) in console. I have cushions for the forward seating areas for family trips to the beach. It's nice to be able to leave them on the boat rather than haul them back and forth.

My side opening on the console isn't huge, but I can easily put a five gallon bucket into it and get half of my upper body into the console for wiring work, I installed all my own electronics, so I have spent much quality time in the console! I also don't have the cooler insert in the front of the console and can slide in that way if necessary. I'm 6'4", 225 lbs, so not a minor task!

BTW, a squid bar is a four foot long contraption used for tuna fishing. My point was that I use my console for plenty of storage.

So, my two biggest concerns are the height, which limits visibilty, and the need to flush mount your electronics. I don't like unprotected electronics in the elements. I'm clearly old fashioned that way...

On the other hand, congratulations to Parker for realizing that the head is a necessary option in this market. I know several guys who have spouses that wouldn't let them buy a boat without a head. And it appears to have really well executed. Nice design!

I like some but not all things about the new console. So be it. I am not likely to buy a new center console any time soon, particularly not just to get a new console configuration.

I do want to put forth another alternative for toilet privacy on a center console. I have separate Sunbrella covers for the leaning post and the console. While underway, I store them on board. They have been put into service on one or two occasions as "toilet tents". Basically, the user can sit on a portable toilet or, in a pinch, on a 5-gallon bucket, then pull the cover over themselves. After the "paperwork" is completed, the cover can be removed and stored. Admittedly, my wife would not go for it, but she probably would not use an onboard portable toilet either.

Attachments

• Resize of IMGP1388.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1388.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 413
Megabyte, I will post pics after the first of the year when the local dealer has some in.

Okay, so I saw the new console (on a 25, but the same console) at the Boston boat show this weekend. It is really well executed and addressed some of my concerns.

First, I was concerned about sacrificing the water tight integrity of the "bowl" design on the bottom half of the console. They designed the new console with a "sunken bowl" for the head. Very nice!

Next, I was concerned that the pictures looked like the console was too high and might impede visibility. I am tall, but there was plenty of room to see well between the top of the console and the bottom of the T-top box. This is not the case on the Regulator 23 with a similar console. Again, good job!

For those who want flush mount, large screen electronics, this is a great console. I still have my curmudgeonly concerns about the long term wisdom of this feature, but to each his (or her) own!

One little thing is that the top of the console needs a lip to keep stuff from rolling off.

In talking with the dealers, they absolutely hated the lifting plexi door on the old console electronics box. When I said I have the older, sliding door version, the response was along the lines of "oh, well that's a good design". They also said that customers were demanding the space for flush mount instruments, so it appears that I am simply behind the times.

Again the console looks much better in person that in the pictures, and I am sure it will go over well (but I still like my old one).

Thanks for taking the time to comment Dave.
First person impressions are always better than photographic impressions. :wink:

Back