New and have 27 pilot house questions!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain junior

Reaction score
Hi I am currently looking at buying a 1997 27'8 parker pilot house. The boat has the deck cutout because dive tanks had Ruined them. I am wondering if the stringers in this boat are wood or fiberglass, I'm having trouble finding specs on the boat. if anyone has any input on this boat id like to hear opinions on how they are in rough seas wetness and overall build of this boat just seeing what you all think about it I'd. like any and all info your willing to give thank you! Very much!!!

Well They didn't make a 27-8 Pilothouse.

Pix's are gonna help ID what you have.

It's a 2520 or a 2530.

Captain junior":2wcpfk1t said:
Hi I am currently looking at buying a 1997 27'8 parker pilot house. The boat has the deck cutout because dive tanks had Ruined them. I am wondering if the stringers in this boat are wood or fiberglass, I'm having trouble finding specs on the boat. if anyone has any input on this boat id like to hear opinions on how they are in rough seas wetness and overall build of this boat just seeing what you all think about it I'd. like any and all info your willing to give thank you! Very much!!!

Capt. Jr.

The boats a tank and handling in rough seas that's what it was built for, as far as I'm concerned. Remember it also depends what hull you have. A deep V or a mod V (less of a dead rise) which Parker has both. For cutting the waves the deep V is a much better ride, for anchoring, drifting with a stabler platform the Mod V is better. I've had boats ranging from 18° to 21° dead rise and there is pros and cons to both. The stringers at least on my Parker are wood covered by fiberglass. I believe overall they are very dry, your in a pilot house. Parker boats are strong, well built boats, they are not for everyone it's an acquired taste. To me owning a Parker is like owning an Airstream camper. Everyone looks, but not everyone likes, yet if they only knew.

Look at the top of the transom on the starboard side.
That is where the hull ID number is located.

It will begin with PXM which is the code for Parker Boats.
There will be several other letters followed by at least three numbers.
The first two numbers is the length. If it says 25, you have a 25' boat.
The last 3 numbers would be the boat index, or serial number of that boat in that particular model year.

Tell us your HID and we can decipher it.
Even better, take a photo of the boats HIN and post it.

Back