new deep vee 23 and 25

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inTherapy

Reaction score
No, I do not have any inside info but was wondering.... Personally I do not/did not see the "need" for Parker to build a 34. Obviously they did. I have a dv 2510 that I fish the heck out of. Wouldn't a smoother riding 23 and 25 seem to make more sense than a 34 pilot house? A deeper vee walkaround od center console would spark more of my interest. I really do not know if you could smooth out the pilot house boats because of the location of the drivers position on that lay-out.
I know many factors go into a smooth ride other than deadrise but, you get the jist of what I am talkin about. Art

They already have a 21 degree hull. They only thing i may suggest that parker do is go more towards a tapered deadrise where the entry is sharper before it reaches either the 21 or 16 degrees at the transom. Grady did this back in the 90's to drastically improve the rides of their boats. We know this as the SeaV2 hulls. A deep v hull that really appears to do this nicely is the True World Marine. When I go to the boat shows I am amazed at how sharp the entry is on their hulls. I have never been on one to comment on the ride but it looks mean out of the water. My hull is very much like this too. It has a 45 degree entry 24 degree midship and 12 degree transom. The only real negative to the style hull is some more bow steer in a following sea.

Personally I think the 34 is a beast and fits well with the line up. Whether or not it sells will remain to be seen. It obviously is in a higher price range than the typical Parker buyer. Of course the economy may have something to do with this too.

not that i have any clue about boat building or engineering but i would imagine that a sharper deadrise in the front of the parker would eliminate any space for them to put in holding tanks and hoses and all that other stuff that gets run up in the front. but who knows. The 34 is definately a huge boat. Parker has obviously been around a while and know what they are doing. In my opinion they are trying to get some of the people who would normally get the 36 grady expresses for lack of other options. it seems like gradys and parkers get compared to some extent and if you look at the price point of a 36 grady express to the 34 parker well you could almost buy 2 of them

Parker needs to bring back the 28 DVCC, give it a 26 degree deadrise, and make it heavier. and then charge about $10,000 less than a Regulator. I would be all over that like white on rice.

Similarly, what about a 28' walkaround based on the same hull? that thing would be a BEAST.

optimaxfish":7m0ek2mc said:
The GW SeaV hull was nothing more than their change from a mod V at about 12 degrees to (barely) a deep V at 20 or so. Parker (and most other boats) have had a "warped V", variable V or whatever for years. As I understand it almost all boats have more "V" angle at the bow than at the transom.

You can see the aggressiveness of the warped v here on my boat.
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... ight=judge

Also here is the True Wold Marine:
Image-8D2238425BD611DB.jpg

Image-8D2209F65BD611DB.jpg

Image-8D21AE025BD611DB.jpg

Back