New Member - SE CT

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMarc

Reaction score
Been a fan of Parker boats since we moved to the coast of CT in 2003. Bought a 1996 2320 in 2017 but had to sell last fall - my 2006 Yamaha 250 failed big time and I couldnt see repowering an almost 30 yr old hull. I was pleased with what I was able to get for the hull with a non-functioning motor but I'm having serious regrets now and am looking for another 2320 to replace it. Willing to travel to find one - any and all help appreciated!

You’re right to have regrets selling! I just hung a fresh df250 on my 97 2320 after the 07 df250 needed replacing in 2022.Had the boat since 03’. There’s always someone asking if I’m selling. Replacement cost is nearly $125k!!

Btw I brought my Parker from SECT to the grand strand. Didn’t cost much to have it professionally trailered. So you can expand your search if you want so much added cost. I used to live in your same zip code on Rose Hill Rd.

Just repowered my 28 year old 2530 👍 Pretty good testament to the quality of these boats that there’s quite a lot of them still going strong after three decades.

Careful now, sharing that sort of info, you’re likely to trigger a Parker “EXPERT” who will explain that can’t be true because Parkers have “wood in them”….😂🤣😂🤣

Careful now, sharing that sort of info, you’re likely to trigger a Parker “EXPERT” who will explain that can’t be true because Parkers have “wood in them”….😂🤣😂🤣

I work in a segment of the maritime industry in a fleet where we operate vessels that were built to both USN standards, and commercial standards. I can confidently state that there are USN-built ships out from the 80s and 90s that are in WAY better shape than the commercial-built ones from the 00s and even some from the 10s.

The difference is, the USN built ships were overbuilt from high quality materials to substantially beefier standards- whereas the commercial built ships were built from computer-engineered (read: minimum) scantlings with the cheapest materials allowable.

When a boat/ship is overbuilt from the start, it can absorb a bit of age-based deterioration without losing much in the way of overall strength.

I guarantee you, based on the age and history of my boat, that I’ve got some rot in the wood somewhere. I’d still bet that it’s overall just as strong, if not stronger, than some of the production boats coming off the lines today that are built to “minimum engineering” specifications.

They Don’t Build Em Like They Used To…👍

Back