New member with an ex-EPA 1700

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsaw

Reaction score
I'm getting a surplus 1700 from the government. I haven't picked it up yet, so no idea on the condition. But I'll have to figure out how to get rid of the EPA markings. I'll probably get it in about 1-2 weeks.

Attachments

• 68550A40570002A.JPG
    68550A40570002A.JPG
    337.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm getting a surplus 1700 from the government. I haven't picked it up yet, so no idea on the condition. But I'll have to figure out how to get rid of the EPA markings. I'll probably get it in about 1-2 weeks.
Cool rig! You’ve got the new style console, so she’s probably in the 96-97 year range. I’d plan on getting rid of the bow rail, looks bent up anyway. Very cool little boat and probably the biggest 17’ on the market.

As far as the EPA logo, it it’s a decal, get a 3M eraser wheel that chucks into a drill. I’d recommend a drill with an auxiliary handle, since it creates quite a bit of torque. But it should take that right off without damaging the gelcoat.

If it’s paint, there’s a lot of wet sanding in your future, unless you plan on painting the whole hull.

Cool rig! You’ve got the new style console, so she’s probably in the 96-97 year range. I’d plan on getting rid of the bow rail, looks bent up anyway. Very cool little boat and probably the biggest 17’ on the market.

As far as the EPA logo, it it’s a decal, get a 3M eraser wheel that chucks into a drill. I’d recommend a drill with an auxiliary handle, since it creates quite a bit of torque. But it should take that right off without damaging the gelcoat.

If it’s paint, there’s a lot of wet sanding in your future, unless you plan on painting the whole hull.
Picking it up now. Motor must be updated since it has a sticker saying it meets 2006 emissions. Luckily it’s just stickers on it. Do they all have a metal guard on the keel, or that because it’s a work boat?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice boat! Welcome to the 17’ owners club. There are not many of us out there. I’m running a 1994. They fly with a 115.

Welcome! Keel guard was added. That rail will straighten right out. Someone was just looking for that rail.
I like my high rail.
I’ve replaced my fuel tank on my 17 and added a bow rail. Next project is to raise the top of the transom sides so they align with the side gunnel cap. The transom is good and super solid, but every once in a while a bigger wave will soak my feet back there. They are great boats for trolling and drift bottom fishing. I use mine all over SoCal and Mexico.

Picking it up now. Motor must be updated since it has a sticker saying it meets 2006 emissions. Luckily it’s just stickers on it. Do they all have a metal guard on the keel, or that because it’s a work boat?View attachment 39746View attachment 39747View attachment 39748
Looks great! I highly doubt that the keel guard is anything other than an add on, but what’s interesting is that my ‘97 1700 has the exact same one. Interesting coincidence!

Back