New MFD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greenwood, Indiana & Charlotte Harbor, Florida
Anyone installed a new MFD (chart plotter and FF) system recently. Curious what you are installing bc of so many choices. I started looking aT Garmin with new G3 maps and might buy a new system this year after all of the dejunking and electrical upgrade. Next is replacing hydraulic hoses and throttle cables. I have a SeaStar ram and works fine and not leaking but was looking at UFlex. Warthog installed one but it is hard to find on their site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I installed 2 12” Simrad NSS EVO 3s, Halo 24 Radar, Precision 9 Compass, Nac 2 autopilot, and a RS35 Radio. The only thing I didn’t upgrade was my existing B60 transducer and Structure scan 3d.

69aefe9fea3d849247eef8855b85b5fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t help you on the MFD Brent but here is a copy of my post from my Uflex project. I would recommend that you go with the exact same set up as you will cover yourself in the event of a future repower, especially if you go with a 300. Either way, stepping up to this model is just a nicer unit. Good luck with your projects.

“Thanks everyone for your input. I've decided to go with the Uflex Silversteer SVS-28 Package. I will go ahead and replace the hoses also with the correct Uflex 1500 psi type Kevlar reinforced hose. I hope that I will notice a good improvement in my steering for the extra effort and dollars involved in installing a top quality system. I hope to get back to Beaufort next weekend and drop my boat off for the repair. Mid/late September thru December brings some good fishing in the SOBX and I want to be ready to go. I'll definately post some after pics of the install along with hopefully positive results. Good luck to our northeast CP crew with this storm.

http://uflexusa.ultraflexgroup.com/en/c ... steer.html

Here is the link on this thread with everyone’s feedback etc..
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16938&hilit=Uflex

No....You will not have any "functioning" problems.....I just get tired of after 3 to 5yrs Seastar helms leaking.

Brent, are you going to replace your lines too or just the ram? They make the pump for this set up in a rear mount also, FYI. If you get the higher end Silverstar unit and are replacing the lines then definitely get the 1500 psi lines so that part is all ready if you end up replacing the pump. I’m glad Wart said it would work with the 1000 psi pump because I wasn’t sure about that part.

Correction, I thought that they made a rear mount but it looks like they don’t. To get a rear mount you have to get the tilt mount which may or may not work for you? Check them out. That sucks they don’t have the 1500 pump in rear mount. Good luck.

If i replace the ram, i lose my old but Sport pilot autopilot and its ram is clamped to steering ram with hose clamps. Ugly but works and handy. Everything is compromise
. Updates are hold due my brother being ill and wife needs knee surgery.

So lots of time to gawk.

Making on electrical updated are to rhe helm and need new switches
Power post installed for helm and windlass power i installed and connected to cabin battery bank. One bilge pump rewired, one left to check. Horn wired and new switch installed. I would like to replace old garmin 545 with newer model but not in the cards to go high end on every item on a 25 year old boat or really need it
Just being practical but neat to see others projects and learning a lot since I am update mode.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Far from it! Almost everything I’ve done on mine has been second hand. I’m always years behind the trends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any good or bad comments?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/529894

I.found one for about 500 for new one with transducer. Currently have a 545 MFD
I will buy a G2 vision map chip on Ebay

I need to finish electrical items first then steering hoses and ram, and throttle cables. This unit is a lot better and larger than.the 545

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's a popular unit. nothing wrong with it, but the controls always looked cheap to me.

If I was buying tomorrow or recommending.....It would be

Garmin 1042xsv or 1242xsv

I have Simrad EVO2s with the 4G radar and am happy with it. I rebuilt a leaking seastar helm pump and it started leaking again. The permanent fix was to replace it with a uflex helm pump.

Latest posts

Back