New/Old style ox66 vst filters

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadsdayoff2

Reaction score
Manokin River, Chesapeake Bay /Roxborough, PA.
I received my order of filters from Island Ship Yard Marine. I was expecting to see a new vst filter with the extra filter area on the sides, but the one I received is the same as previous. After a 20 minute conversation w/ Andy @ISYM, he found this thought to be new style filter is in fact the filter used on 1997 and older ox motors. This filter has obviously higher sides and Andy noted the vst tank it fits in to has a deeper well. So I am told that my 1999/2000 motor takes the same style as always. Hope this helps out someone. Capt.Ken

Attachments

• new_vst_filter_251.jpg
    new_vst_filter_251.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 92
Thanks for posting that Ken.. I had ordered a replacement a couple of winters ago, expecting to get the 'new' style in, but like you, found out that they are the same.

For the record, they are very easy to clean -- just get some spray carb cleaner and spray the filter from the inside out. The bottom, pie shaped section actually rotates, so you can clean each section easily.

-- Tom

Back