New Power (DC) System

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktomlinson

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2520 XL with twin Yamaha four strokes. It came with two standard 1/2/Both/Off switches, and one 65 Amp and one 80 Amp battery. I've purchased two starting batteries, two 105 amp deep cycle batteries, 2 m-acr, 2 blue sea system add a battery switches and am ready to complete the installation. I was hoping someone would take a look at my proposed wiring method and let me know if I am going wrong. I have attached a wiring diagram, be easy it's my first install.

Attachments

• Parker-Battery-Project.jpg
    Parker-Battery-Project.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 329
The charger you picked I like...I've started using those exclusively.

The rest.....:(

BEP Cluster switch for twin outboards and 3 batteries. You can parallel 2 House batteries together to make one large battery as I did in the last project.

800CCA Gp24 batteries are plenty of cranking power for your outboards. This will keep the weight and space down a little.

2- Gp27 DC for the house.

http://www.bepmarine.com/

Battery Distribution Cluster for Twin Outboard Engine with Three Battery Banks Part # 717-140A-DVSR

You will have a much cleaner / more compact setup that is also easy to understand. It's all automatic.

I appreciate the feedback. I should have asked before starting the project so that I could end up with a cleaner install. I've seen the work you've done and it is always top notch. I did get the gp24 for starting and gp27 for house as you recommended. If I parallel the house batteries by bridging the terminal blocks, will that still allow the acrs to work as intended?

Warthog,

I'm getting ready for a similar project (adding second house battery in parallel, dual bank charger for the house batteries, shore connection).

I have a single E-Tec 300, and the BEP cluster, such that I don't see the need for a 3 bank charger. I am very comfortable with the engine charging capacity that always tops off the starting battery first. It was the lack of house battery capacity that is really driving this project. Also noticed that the BEP relay would cycle frequently at low rpms such that running the motor at idle isn't a good solution for a tired house battery situation.

So my question: I was thinking of using my original battery switch between the house batteries and the house connection on the BEP. Basically setting the switch to Both whenever in use, and ensuring the batteries are isolated from each other when charging. Any problems with this idea?

Thanks

Rob

Back