New T-Top for 2300 DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Brad

Reaction score
It took us 2 and half weeks to make it from scratch, and got it done just in time to use it in a photo shoot with Robin Parker for next years catalog. Just curious what you guys think, because it does change the price of the boat a fair amount. Thanks Brad.

Attachments

• 2300 Parker 003.jpg
    2300 Parker 003.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 5,674
  • 2300 Parker 002.jpg
    2300 Parker 002.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 5,674
  • 2300 Parker 001.jpg
    2300 Parker 001.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 5,671
Wow. That has got to be the nicest T-top I've seen on a Parker. Might there be a Regulator or an Everglades out there somewhere missing a T-top.

jim

grouperjim":26b0m1lf said:
Might there be a Regulator or an Everglades out there somewhere missing a T-top.

I think that one is even nicer than those brands Jim!
Outstanding! :D

I def. like it!

And it probably helps with the weight up front!.
Though it gives the parker a "fancy" look that may be counter to the utilitarian look that I am fond of.

But I'm a no frills guy...... Then again.. if offered - I would buy it!

Is it the same color as the parker gelcoat????

Looks like the top Boat House sold for years on their "BlueWaterEditions". Beauty is in the ...blah, blah, blah, and I don't like it. Way too curvey and out of place. Looks like something off a Scout or Bayliner or like puttin' a tuner car trunk spoiler and rally lights on a classic '57 Chevy.

On a practical side, why the big boxes for spreader lights? They interfere with the custom fitted mesh PFD bags normally fitted over driver's head. No radio box. Top looks cheap with no frame. Will it hold up outriggers? Antennas? Rocket launcher looks awkward mounted under T-Top. Looks like a good head buster. No angled holders in rocket laucher (essential for SE king fishermen). Why don't the rear top supports line up with the middle horizontal line? Oversight? I don't see any way to conceal antenna wires from top to support tubing unless they dump directly over tubing. Is the top attached to console with "HomeDepot style" angle braces? Top looks too wide in pics. Looks like it shades the walkway on either side of console. If so, makes it really hard to fight fish (or gaff) from side of boat. Rod and gaff will be hittin' top.

"...changes price by a fair amount" You can get a fiberglass hardtop w/stainless steel frame, molded, locking radio box, stand pipe (no awkward fishing wires down tubing), rocket launcher w/king rod holders, custom pfd storage, spreader light, installed for around $3500 in NC. What is a price change by a "fair amount"?

Top would look great on a waterway cruiser with no Carolina Flare, euro transom, shag carpet on deck, get the picture? :lol:

Dang Fish... that's harsh! :shock:
But then... everyone has their preferences. 8)

I am aligned with fishfactory on this (mainly). Finish looks great! I, too, would like to know if it can support outriggers. Twin spots facing aft seems like overkill, especially when sacrificng the ability for lifejacket stowage. Needs an electronics box on the top.

Lastly, the lines of the tubing needs to be lined up better. I don't mind the curviness too much.

HOWEVER, it looks like it was beautifully put together, and beauty is truly in the eye...

Kevin,

I'm with you on this...a bit harsh.

I've learned by having an Arpanet/Internet address continuously since 1985, that keyboarding behind a pseudo name gives one a boldness to say things they wouldn't say to a man's face.

Capt. Brad put a lot of thought and time into custom building that top...I think he did a nice job. If I had problems with it, I'd send him a private mail.

Dave

Gezz, I go away for the weekend and all he!! breaks loose. I appreciate the support as far as "Fish Factory" is concerned don't get to excited about the comments of an uneducated boater. I guess I'll answer some questions first. That top is strong enough for outriggers and a tower top station that is why the leg set is shaped the way it is. I never put a electronincs box on because nobody ever wants them around here, it blocks your view looking out and up and the boat has a lockable one anyway. Keep in mind my customers down here rarely will do radar and auto-pilots so we don't need much room for electronincs. However if someone wants one it will be molded in and look like the light pods only bigger. As for the speader lights the front side of those pods is for speakers as well, so it needs 2. Even so what would it look like with 1? The rod rack doesn't hit anybody in the head nor do the speaker pods however I could mount it anyway you like thats what CUSTOM means. This top is mounted to the deck and the console with 5200 and screwed down. Check out the pics of this top when its a tower. I'm not going to mess up Dale's site getting in a pi$$ing match with fish factory after all anybody who thinks you must to have angled rod holders to catch a king fish, just showed you his hand.

Attachments

• CP-3.jpg
    CP-3.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 5,436
  • CP-2.jpg
    CP-2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 5,436
  • CP top.jpg
    CP top.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 5,437
Capt Brad":4c1uzct6 said:
Just curious what you guys think, because it does change the price of the boat a fair amount. Thanks Brad.

"Just curious what you guys think"

Sorry, I am not a cheerleader. Your top is what it is. Look no further than "Wicho's" post to see just what I said, top is pretty much copy of old Boat House top. "Welcome to the new boss, same as the old boss...won't be fooled again" (The Who) :wink:

Capt Brad posts more pics of top (on another boat) and, as I thought, the top appears to hang over gunnels. Makes it very hard to fight or gaff a fish. Mr. Capt ignores ?'s about this. The correct size for a small CC top is 5'x7'. Again, what size is your top?

The Capt also refers to the "locking storage" (no need or desire for radio box? huh?). Sorry Capt, no locking storage on any Parker CC I have ever seen. I am, however easily able to see below my radio box. I'm over 6'5", by the way.

Maybe you could "educate" us as to the proposed $ for your gem. And in the spirit of good-will, would you please explain to the SKA (that means Southern Kingfish Association) how foolish they (we) all look with those angled rod holders? :lol:

As far as the off-topic comment about "hiding behind a pesudo name"...I live in Charlotte, and willing to meet any THT'er passin' thru. Just send me a note. :wink:

The boat house never made any boat with a hard top,so check your facts. Change the latch on the electronincs box and look now it locks, gee that was easy. Yes your right it's beam comes right to the inside edge of the gunwhale, that is the size the customer wanted it's CUSTOM! My customers don't spend alot of time chasing kingfish, we have a reef.

Capt,
nice top bro.

keep it reel.
FP

I am going to email you about the speaker boxes for my top. I definitely like that customization.

"going where the water tastes like wine"-----the DEAD

(member quote)
"Though it gives the parker a "fancy" look that may be counter to the utilitarian look that I am fond of. But I'm a no frills guy...... "

(member quote)
"Wow. Might there be a Regulator or an Everglades out there somewhere missing a T-top."

Not to speak for anyone [FF], this maybe the essence of what a particular person (in so many words) was trying to say and is a point well made.

jim

I for one like something different and this top is just that and makes the boat lines look great. I have been working on an 18 for over a year and we are about 2 months from launch, and the T Top is my current project with design taking most of my efforts right now. I too will have a formed top that we will have the frame built custom to support it. It will have an integrated box and lights as well. I like something that no one else has and I have always liked the more curved lines as opposed to the straight type tops that most build today. It takes a little bit of creativity to come up with something like Capt Brad did and if you cannot appreciate it, why not just shut up and say nothing? I don't come here much but I sure hope this does not become a site like THT where everyone is now a 90 day expert on everything with nothing but negative feedback.

Capt Brad DID ask what we thought. So, some like it and some don't. No big deal. I think it looks really well made, but it's not my style. End of story.

yea, everyones got their own take. personally, i could care less what "the proper size" of a t-top is, i dont go in for formality, and i dont care if it overhangs, as i dont fish for kingfish where i need a 10' gaff. it looks great, i admit i had the same idea about the electronics box, but to each their own. i find it funny that guys object to the fact that "it makes the boat look fancy" :lol: thats taking the Parker Spartan attitude a little far, if you ask me :roll: .

Back