New T-Top for 2300 DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the design of the top, but I personally don't think it fits the boat.

But that's the beauty of it being an optional feature. If someone doesn't like what the factory offers, they can go aftermarket. :)

Okay, one more post, and I am NOT criticizing the asthetics...

I went out with a buddy on his new Regulator 23 this weekend. Great ride, very similar to the 23 DVCC I have (maybe even better). What I hated was that I kept whacking my head on the horizontal support bars of his T-top. They are very similar to this top's design in that they slope quite far down where they attach to the vertical posts. I am 6'5" and never have an issue with my top (FYI, canvas top, built by Gore in NC).

I fear that a tall person would have the same issues with this design. My question is, is this design needed to provide support for outriggers? If so, then maybe it is a tradeoff I could live with. If not, then it is simply an annoyance.

Capt.

Top looks great,over sized is good,I did same to my 2300 CCDV and made oversized,mine was made by Birdsall and did cost a pretty penny but well worth it,I like that birdsall sleeves their tubing and i used a new fabric material called Weblon in same color as Parker Gelcoat.

robert

Attachments

• Parker 2300CC DV 001.jpg
    Parker 2300CC DV 001.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 965
I like it a lot. *IF* i ever owned a CC again (i wont) I would want a hardtop with your quality and build care.

In my opinion, a bigger top makes more shade, and shade in the summer is huge.

Nice work.

Wow! I think we have finally gone to places that forums are supposed to be. ...dedicated to both the positive and negative. I have written that this forum often appears to be to padded with cheeky love for this and love for that, so it is about time that we heard some "opinions" that might not match our own criteria of what is good or bad. It is my personal opinion that forums were derived for the purpose of sorting things out, or to get suggestions or critiques that might actually improve upon ones own thought pattern and or creative ability. I wish we could have had some of the same in concern to the 3420.

when i bought my 23CC 2 years ago, there was no hard top option. a few years before that, i was on a 21 cc with a hard top. i was told there was too much weight associated with the hard top on the 23 CC DV. what has changed in the last few years?

Does anyone have pic's of the new 23 CC DV with enclosed head?

It took us 2 and half weeks to make it from scratch, and got it done just in time to use it in a photo shoot with Robin Parker for next years catalog. Just curious what you guys think, because it does change the price of the boat a fair amount. Thanks Brad.

What did this run you more or less?

Looks like the top Boat House sold for years on their "BlueWaterEditions". Beauty is in the ...blah, blah, blah, and I don't like it. Way too curvey and out of place. Looks like something off a Scout or Bayliner or like puttin' a tuner car trunk spoiler and rally lights on a classic '57 Chevy.

On a practical side, why the big boxes for spreader lights? They interfere with the custom fitted mesh PFD bags normally fitted over driver's head. No radio box. Top looks cheap with no frame. Will it hold up outriggers? Antennas? Rocket launcher looks awkward mounted under T-Top. Looks like a good head buster. No angled holders in rocket laucher (essential for SE king fishermen). Why don't the rear top supports line up with the middle horizontal line? Oversight? I don't see any way to conceal antenna wires from top to support tubing unless they dump directly over tubing. Is the top attached to console with "HomeDepot style" angle braces? Top looks too wide in pics. Looks like it shades the walkway on either side of console. If so, makes it really hard to fight fish (or gaff) from side of boat. Rod and gaff will be hittin' top.

"...changes price by a fair amount" You can get a fiberglass hardtop w/stainless steel frame, molded, locking radio box, stand pipe (no awkward fishing wires down tubing), rocket launcher w/king rod holders, custom pfd storage, spreader light, installed for around $3500 in NC. What is a price change by a "fair amount"?

Top would look great on a waterway cruiser with no Carolina Flare, euro transom, shag carpet on deck, get the picture? :lol:

No self respecting CC Owner/fisherman puts mesh bags on their t-top for PFDs. Stop embarrasing yourself.

Latest posts

Back