On the cover of Chesapeake Bay Magazine!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
The cover of the May 2008 issue of Chesapeake Bay Magazine has a great photograph of the Newport News, Middle Ground Lighthouse with a Parker 2520 (with VA registration) moored at the base.

What a great photograph!

The story in the magazine is about the federal government selling these old lighthouses to private individuals, who are in-turn restoring them as get-away homes.

The article is good, but the cover photograph is awesome! :D

I'll try to scan the cover and post it later this weekend.

That given a whole new meaning to "drop a line" doesn't it?
Bring a few rods and dunk some bait overnight. Rig up some type of bell system to wake you when your tight. Have fresh fish by morning.
My luck is I'd find a woman with her own lighthouse and she's still hate to fish!!!

Bryan A.":1pdv4b4v said:
Nice Picture!!!

The Boat looks like a 2320. Yes, No?????

Hard to tell since all of the SC Parkers are sized proportionately.
No pulpit, though it does have the bow rail for one, and no rocket launchers either.

Kevin,

I remember reading about 6 months ago on THT some posts from the contracter who is doing the work for the new owner. Fascinating!

I can't fault the owner for wanting a view that unique.

The Admiral is going to scan the cover this evening.
Maybe then we can decide which model it is. :)

Here is the scanned image.

ChesBayParker.jpg

I was thinking 2120 as well.

Anyway, it's a nice photobshop job. Shouldn't the boat have a reflection in the water like the lighthouse? :D

Anyway, it's a nice photobshop job. Shouldn't the boat have a reflection in the water like the lighthouse?

Yep!!!! The Parker was never really there in that pic. Too funny!!!
What is that bow line tied to anyway??? Rust stain?? :D :D

I dont know. The shadow on the side of the boat matches the one on the lighthouse pretty well. Plus, those people had to get up there somehow and I doubt they climbed off a moving boat.

Latest posts

Back