One of the most unique Parker’s out there????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my 25ft center console Parker inboard under Console, rudder, shaft and keel. Any other boats out there like it? View attachment 27047View attachment 27045View attachment 27048View attachment 27046
Wow!... Beautiful boat! This is the first time I've seen a direct-drive Parker. The glass-window doghouse is super, but by the looks of what you're catching, you might be needing a bigger transom door! ☺.... My previous two boats were direct-drive diesels. There are some nice advantages to that type of set up...

This is my 25ft center console Parker inboard under Console, rudder, shaft and keel. Any other boats out there like it? View attachment 27047View attachment 27045View attachment 27048View attachment 27046
Hey rbsurf, I'd love to know more about your boat... What engine? gas/ Diesel? Horsepower? Fuel stats? Cruise speed. Top speed? Mpg/gph and such.... does she steer well? I can't see for sure, but it appears that the rudder is not a 'balanced' rudder; is there a 'leading edge' forward of the 'rudder post' ? Did you add the skeg yourself?

Hey rbsurf, I'd love to know more about your boat... What engine? gas/ Diesel? Horsepower? Fuel stats? Cruise speed. Top speed? Mpg/gph and such.... does she steer well? I can't see for sure, but it appears that the rudder is not a 'balanced' rudder; is there a 'leading edge' forward of the 'rudder post' ? Did you add the skeg yourself?
2018 crusader 5.7 fuel inj, fresh water cooled, I cruise around 20ish knots, wot around 29 knots. The keel and running gear was all factory from Parker. What little information I got from them is that they only made a small handful of these set ups

2018 crusader 5.7 fuel inj, fresh water cooled, I cruise around 20ish knots, wot around 29 knots. The keel and running gear was all factory from Parker. What little information I got from them is that they only made a small handful of these set ups
Thank you! And one more question (actually two)... how big is that fish? and how often do you catch them that big?

first time we had a plant tour, the guys in the engine rigging section told us that they would power your Parker any way you wanted it. OB, stern drive, straight IB, or nothing at all. This last was for commercial fishermen who had a usable engine , and wanted to do it themselves to save a few bucks. A lot of those guys back then used junkyard motors, raw water cooled. If it rusted out, or blew up, they got another one. That tour was 35-40 years ago. You could walk in and ask for a tour, and get it. Seems to be harder to do now.

first time we had a plant tour, the guys in the engine rigging section told us that they would power your Parker any way you wanted it. OB, stern drive, straight IB, or nothing at all. This last was for commercial fishermen who had a usable engine , and wanted to do it themselves to save a few bucks. A lot of those guys back then used junkyard motors, raw water cooled. If it rusted out, or blew up, they got another one. That tour was 35-40 years ago. You could walk in and ask for a tour, and get it. Seems to be harder to do now.
About three years ago, when I was shopping for a new Parker, (our last two boats were factory-fresh, brand new boats; that's our usual MOA) I called the factory to ask if my wife and I could have a tour of the factory. I was told that they themselves did not give/facilitate tours, but that they would give our contact information to a Parker dealer who in turn would contact us, and that they would arrange to meet us there, and that the Dealer would give us a tour...By the time I was contacted (months) I had already found, and bought a nearly-new, super well-equipped used Parker in Virginia. Although I still was curious about how the boats were built, I didn't waste the Dealers time taking the factory tour/sales opportunity.

Last edited:
That is indeed a Classic Parker.
So, it was a factory built 25CC inboard? What year?

I only ever saw one other factory-built straight inboard Parker.
That one was a mid 90's 2520 MVSC inboard that had a gas big block motor and I believe a Velvet Drive transmission.
Name of the boat was "Knot Many", because so few were built.

That is indeed a Classic Parker.
So, it was a factory built 25CC inboard? What year?

I only ever saw one other factory-built straight inboard Parker.
That one was a mid 90's 2520 MVSC inboard that had a gas big block motor and I believe a Velvet Drive transmission.
Name of the boat was "Knot Many", because so few were built.
Yes it came from the factory set up this way 1986 on the tag.

Yes it came from the factory set up this way 1986 on the tag.

When I contacted Parker when I first got the boat they told me at one point they only made a few with the keel and had a mold for the keel which they applied to there 25 center console

Super Nice!!!!.
I just Joined the Forum, and have one similar that I have started the restoration on. It is a direct drive Model that does not have the molded in keel. Powered by a 4bt Cummins. I have a motor box that has a leaning post attached and a stand alone console, but definitely like how yours is set up.
great looking boat, and wow nice BFTs

Super Nice!!!!.
I just Joined the Forum, and have one similar that I have started the restoration on. It is a direct drive Model that does not have the molded in keel. Powered by a 4bt Cummins. I have a motor box that has a leaning post attached and a stand alone console, but definitely like how yours is set up.
great looking boat, and wow nice BFTs

Sweet.
I look forward to seeing your project posts.

Back