ox66 vst filter problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadsdayoff2

Reaction score
Manokin River, Chesapeake Bay /Roxborough, PA.
Launched boat first 3 trips no problem. Last 3 trips vst filter clogged up everytime on the way back in. I ordered all 3 new filters, main raycor (old one only had about 45hrs. on it), filter thats on side of motor in clear bulb and vst filter. Hopefully this will solve my problem, but I'm not too sure. Other than putting in a new vst filter 3 years ago, I never had any fuel flow problems. Has anyone come across this? Thanks, Ken

Tell me ... has your MD fuel switch from MTBER-based to ethanol?

YES it has! The more I read I think I may also have to change my low presure fuel pumps again. I changed them 3 years ago (approx 450hrs). Does anyone know the reccomended change interval on them. I also noticed I still have the old style vst filter.

How much of the old gas was in the tank when you added the new Ethanol gas?

And, by the way, you can clean the VST filter pretty easily, you don't need to buy a new one every time. It is good to have a spare, as you can clean it up and have it ready to swap out when the main one gets clogged.

There is not an official replacement interval for the low pressure pumps. The closest item is the "fuel system inspection" which is every 100 hours or 6 months, whichever comes first. Common practice is to replace them every 3 years as preventative maintenance.

-- Tom

Thanks guys, E-10 has been a fact of life in MD for atleast 2 seasons. The first 2 times I cleaned the vst filter (2 trips in a row) old style filter, the tank was spotless and fuel was clear. The next trip (it clogged) on the way in after trolling again the fuel in the tank was very rich with oil. Soooo now I'm thinking change the low pres pumps (cause maybe their not keeping up with the oil being injected into the tank and maybe its one of them thats breaking up causing the clog. It was also suggested to clean the dip tube on the o2 sensor when dirty can make the motor run rich at low RPM aka trolling. Filters and all the above $250 doing it myself I think is a good start.

dadsdayoff2":p2crjpx8 said:
YES it has! The more I read I think I may also have to change my low presure fuel pumps again. I changed them 3 years ago (approx 450hrs). Does anyone know the reccomended change interval on them.

About every 3 years, depending on hours.
At 450 hours, I'd say you are due.

Back