Parker 1801 with 90 HP Suzuki

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipout15

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently own a 2320 but looking at a used 1801 center console for my son. He is 16 and I don't want anything too big but wanted a newer motor. I found one with an older hull 1985 but a newer 2013 Suzuki 90 HP 4 stroke.

I am concerned that this is not enough HP for the boat.

Can anyone let me know your thoughts on this configuration? Should I pass and look for more HP? Or will the 90 be a decent fit? I see that most 18's have a 115 on them.

thanks in advance.

Unless he plans on doing a lot of water skiing / tow sports that should be plenty of power.

TWOBOATER":1xlder0a said:
Unless he plans on doing a lot of water skiing / tow sports that should be plenty of power.

Actually, anything I can do to make sure he doesn't do any towing/water skiing would be a bonus. :)

I agree with all the above.

By the way...That model is actually a DF-90A . Not to be confused with the DF-90 of the '98 thru 2002 I think? The 90A is a smaller lighter motor.

Double check the 18 Parker model too. I think in models earlier than 1987 there was not a below deck fuel tank and the deadrise was very shallow. If so then the 90hp would be ample.

I hate to spoil the roll here but I would suggest a 115 as minimum hp. I always view a purchase as a possible re-sale a few years down the road. These boats are heavier than most realize.

I hate to spoil the roll here but I would suggest a 115 as minimum hp. I always view a purchase as a possible re-sale a few years down the road. These boats are heavier than most realize.

I have a 1990 hull with a 90 Mercury 2 stroke. It is plenty of power and will push boat 34 mph with 2 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 have a 1999 with a 1999 carbed 100 four stoke Yamaha. Cruises around 23mph at 4200 rpm. I think it would be fine.

Camron

I used to own a 17 Dusky which was a 20 degree dead rise boat. That thing had a 90 Johnson Ocean Pro on it.
She would do 32 mph at WOT.

That 18 Parker with a 90 Suzy should be just about perfect.
My guess would be an easy 33 or 34 knot boat. (not that you want him to roll quite that hard). :)

Attachments

• Cherrystone 2003 001.jpg
    Cherrystone 2003 001.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 205
Back