Parker 21SE antenna wire

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatdrinks

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I managed to break the antenna on my 21se and I can't figure out where the coax cable connects to the radio other than on the back of the radio. Does anyone know how this is usually snaked? I believe it was done at the factory.

Hi boatdrinks,
I recently installed a new VHF and antenna on my 2110. I installed a Shakespeare antenna I got from west marine, and the antenna cable came attached to the antenna, with a loose connector you had to install on the cable at the radio after you snaked the cable from the antenna to the radio. This seems the way it's usual done.

If I understand you question correctly, its likely the only connector is at the back of the radio. You can search Shakespeare VHF antennas on line or on you tube and there are installation instructions and videos.

If you search Digital brand VHF antennas on classic parker or on the internet, they advertise antennas with a mini connector at the antenna too. I've only read about them and haven't used one myself.

When I installed my Shakespeare you installed the antenna and cable, and then installed the connector at the radio. It appears Digital antennas have a connector at both ends of the cable and may be easier to install.

I hope this helps, good luck.

If you search Digital brand VHF antennas on classic parker or on the internet, they advertise antennas with a mini connector at the antenna too. I've only read about them and haven't used one myself.

It's the only ones I use for their simplicity......Specifically I use Digital 529 VB.... That's a Black antenna. VW prefix is a White one.

The mini connector is just a nates Butt larger than the Coax.....This makes installs faster...... No Soldering.....No Crimping.

Then when you get it to the radio...A transition coupler screws on the mini end and will screw on the radio.

thanks guys. I was confused because when I've done this in the past there was a coax connection at the antenna and the cable ran through the boat to the radio. In this case it looks like the antenna cable is continuous all way to the radio.

Yes Coax is permanently attached on antenna end.....It does not come off.

What you refereed to was VERY old.....I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

Back