parker 2320 options

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurricane

Reaction score
hey guys, After many months of research I decided to purchase a parker 2320. To owners of this boat what options do you recommend? Second station, Gally package, coaming pads, windlass etc.

If you dock alone on a windward dock, I'd definitely spring for the second station.

I went with:

2nd Station Bulkhead Mount Console
Anchor Windlass (w/300' line)
Deluxe Rocket Launcher (aluminum, 14 rod)
Portable Head w/dockside pump out
Position indicators for Trim Tabs
Pulpit w/roller
Raw Water Washdown
Rocket Launcher (aluminum 6 rod)
Spreader Light (each)
Ventilating Winshield (port)
West Coast (Extra Height) Bow Rail (Available w/Pulpit Only)

Pretty happy with these choices.

I had the sink/stove in my last boat. Never used it, not once. I also had the coaming pads. After a few years, they looked like hell, so I skipped them on the Parker. Don't miss 'em.

Good luck!

You don't mention how you intend to use the boat, but if you fish a lot, those combing pads will certainly save your shins at the end of the day. :wink:

If you do a lot of anchoring, a windlass is a nice option, as is the rear station (I have the free standing type).

Other than that, read the 'projects' section and I'm sure you'll see lots more ideas! 8)

if you decide to go with a windlass, look at the ones being offered by parker and make sure they fit your needs. the one installed on our 1995 2530 cannot feed chain through the winch, so we either need to risk not having enough chain for deep anchoring or face the major hassle of adding more chain while the anchor is still on the pulpit (NOT fun). make sure the one you get fits your needs. i would HIGHLY recommend the combing pads, if youre careful about ripping them and treat them with a marine vinyl cleaner/preserver (i use 3M) every couple of trips, theyll look good for a long time. as for the galley package, it takes up a lot of space that youll need at some point, and will most likely be seldomly used (a coleman grill and a freshwater system are a much better setup) either way, think about what youre realistically going to use the boat for and choose the best available options. good luck, this is the fun part :D .

pelagic2530":2ft88dgy said:
if you decide to go with a windlass, look at the ones being offered by parker and make sure they fit your needs. the one installed on our 1995 2530 cannot feed chain through the winch,..

?? Are you sure? Maybe in 1995 they couldn't handle chain (hard to believe) but I believe all the windlasses that Parker uses now handle both rope and chain anchor rodes.

Anybody know which year they switched?

Dave

aka

Porkchunker":1y4og4du said:
pelagic2530":1y4og4du said:
if you decide to go with a windlass, look at the ones being offered by parker and make sure they fit your needs. the one installed on our 1995 2530 cannot feed chain through the winch,..

?? Are you sure? Maybe in 1995 they couldn't handle chain (hard to believe) but I believe all the windlasses that Parker uses now handle both rope and chain anchor rodes.

Anybody know which year they switched?

Dave

aka

quite sure :( ..... the chain itself wont even fit through the hole on the fron, its so tiny, much less the cogs inside. im fairly certain the new ones can though, all im saying is its worth checking out. also, getting it without the 300' might be something to think about, if you intend to go out into water deeper than 100 feet 300' of line isnt adequate, either to anchor to fish or as a safety precaution. many windlasses also dont handle splices/shackles well either, and its a bit of a hassle to splice another 500' of line onto existing rode (dont ask me how i know :roll: ). if you get it yourself, you can decide how much you need on your own.

I've had my 2320 for 5+ years and could not be happier. Mine is set up as follows:

Factory-
Open/soft back
Coaming pads-they are starting to show a bit of ozone cracking, boat is kept fully covered.
Console seat-excellent storage, fair tackle box
Ladder back seat-Fairly comfortable, need to rebuild at 750 hours.
Head liner-glue stains are funky, but quiet is great.
Fish hold
High bow rails
Toilet/holding tank-I would do a porta potty next time. Too much lost space for the amount of use it gets.

Aftermarket-
Full Raymarine electronics-depth/fish/GPS/RADAR/AutPilot
2 Standard/Horizon VHF
XM
Ideal #1 Capstan windless
Tower with bimini-no controls
40 gallon bait tank
EPIRB
battery charger
duel Racor 2 micron water sep/fuel filter

and many more small touches.

Jeff

This is how my 2320 is set up.

Yamaha F250
Half folding tuna tower w/ bench seat
14 rocket launchers
Furuno 1724 c/nt GPS/Chart plotter/Radar Combo
Furuno 600 Fish finder w/ thru hull transducer
Standard Horizon Quest + VHF Radio
Standard Horizon external cockpit microphone
Raymarine ST6001G Auto pilot
Navman 3100 fuel flow gauge
Jensen CD AM/FM player
Lenco 12x18 trim tabs
Coaming pads
Porta Potti
Spreader Lights
Windlass
Console Seat
West Coast Bow Rail

-Dustin

Here is what I would consider important must haves on a 2320:
Pulpit with windlass
Rocket launchers
Port opening windshield
West Coast bow rail
Second station Bulkhead mount
Coaming Pads
Full transom

Aluminum I-beam trailer with full electric over hydraulic stainless disc brakes on each wheel, rated for at least 1500 lbs. more than the boat will ever weigh when wet. BUNKS with pvc guide posts. Running the interstate with a marginal trailer is a nightmare and takes away from the pleasure of owning the boat.

Raw water wash is nice to have but is not used enough to justify its cost - PIA to rinse/winterize. If I caught bloody tuna all the time I might consider it a necessity.

Back