Parker 2540 Dual Console t Top cracked

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
I’m looking at 2018

Parker 2540 Dual Console. I saw a crack on under T Top. Does anyone know about this ?​

T Tops do that..... It's the nature of the beast.
Either the design was on the poor side or.... and more likely The operator is Hammering the boat hard.

T Tops do that..... It's the nature of the beast.
Either the design was on the poor side or.... and more likely The operator is Hammering the boat hard.
True but this is the second 2540 I saw with problems. I called Parker with the hull numbers and both had warranty claims. One was a crack on the weld and 2 nd one was crack T Top with crack weld. I wanted to buy the boat but I’m nervous with running offshore with it.

In the pix's... Thats $300 for parts and $100 +hr to replace. Figure 2hrs.
The drinking water tank needs to be looked at. The pump has a hole. Still looking for signs of the wiring is corroded. The power is not working for the seat. No power to fresh water wash down no running lights. Boat is selling as is.

THAT would not stop me from buying the boat..... It would be a negotiating piece.
Forward t-top cross bar cracked both sides, welder said ”ready to fall off”. Pro welder, $350 to repair and replace with new welds. See photos. I am second owner, first owner a lot of hours in a short amount of time in Atlantic north of Boston. My guess, the floor screws loosened enough to cause vibration and flexing. That can generate impulsive forces which generate significant

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpeg
    IMG_0784.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0783.jpeg
    IMG_0783.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Stresses. Plan to add gussets both sides this winter. Over $8000 price reduction because of the cracks. It can and will be fixed, at a cost much less than $8000. Parker now uses threaded toggle bolts to bolt down, not screw down, t-top. Parker sent a set of the toggle bolts.

Forward t-top cross bar cracked both sides, welder said ”ready to fall off”. Pro welder, $350 to repair and replace with new welds. See photos. I am second owner, first owner a lot of hours in a short amount of time in Atlantic north of Boston. My guess, the floor screws loosened enough to cause vibration and flexing. That can generate impulsive forces which generate significant
Thanks for sharing. Will they be able to powder coat over the new welds?

Nope. Only if you pull t-top off boat and you likely don’t want to do that. The problems with powered coating are hardly unique to Parker, I plan to have repairs primed and painted to best match.

I bought this year in June, 2018 Parker 2501. I am a damn nit picker, got the boat surveyed (highly recommend, they will see things you missed and add a lot to room on negotiated price). The positives outweighed the negatives and I was ready to walk right up to the day we closed. No regrets, actually thrilled With the purchase!

Back