Parker 3420 XLD at the 2008 Annapolis Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dave-j":1e4yu0f3 said:
Lastly, I got to ride on B-Faithfuls old Maycraft late in the afternoon. Great boat for the bay! Also, it was spotless and clearly extremely well maintained. Hope he loves his new boat, 'cause the old one ain't bad!

It is a GREAT boat. Some things I miss about it too - like the DTS on the OptiMax. I appreciate it more now that I have cable controls again. I am loving the Judge though. I hope it catches as many fish as the Maycraft did. I didnt get out on Sunday but it was pretty windy if I recall correctly. (maybe that was sat)

The exhaust is located on the starboard side of the boat at the waterline.

Had my 2530 winterized Tuesday at 3A Marine in Hingham MA.

34 foot is in lot. Couple of weeks ago there was an in water show in Boston they had it here but I didn't go.

First time I walked by it I thought it was another brand.

They told me it is hull number 2. Will be at winter show.

Dana

I saw the 3420 at the Ft. Lauderdale show this weekend and it was, in fact, a very impressive boat. You really can't get a feel for just how massive she is until you are standing next to her.

There have been some changes to hull #4.

1) They created access to the electronics rigging through a hatch in the head which doubles as a mirror.

2) They moved the electronics panel from the helm to just forward of the entry way. Moved the fire extinguisher forward.

3) I don't recall seeing pics of this from anyone so, I assume it's a change...they added storage cabinets in the berth.

All in all, a very nice boat. Not sure, at that price point, who the market is but I suspect Linwood had a good handle on that before he took the risk of building this boat.

Attachments

• 11012008 012 (Small).jpg
    11012008 012 (Small).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 654
  • 11012008 011 (Small).jpg
    11012008 011 (Small).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 654
  • 11012008 013 (Small).jpg
    11012008 013 (Small).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 654
That was a sweet chair.

Jim and I were talking about chairs on the way back. I was "inventing" in my mind, a seat post with a built in shock absorber, that would reduce the compression on my spinal discs. If I could figure out how to keep the seat from "bottoming out", I would be a happy man.

Given the ride of a mid ship helm boat, you could make a lot of money if you invented one of these.

Garelick has a spring loaded gizmo but I don't think it's stout enough.

They already have them, I forgot the name of the company but Ship Shape TV installed them on the ACB boat they have.

Also I think Warthog from classic mako put them on the x-shark.
Google should turn up something.

TheOtherLine":11wdhd8e said:
Jim and I were talking about chairs on the way back. I was "inventing" in my mind, a seat post with a built in shock absorber, that would reduce the compression on my spinal discs. If I could figure out how to keep the seat from "bottoming out", I would be a happy man.

Zodiac offers something like that on their "government model" patrol boats. It is a shock absorbed 'saddle' with an integral seat back.

Image-045B312BC73311DA.jpg

Image-045B88C8C73311DA.jpg

Allright! :D :D

Thanks for the leads!! I am definately going to buy something like this.
Let you know what I come up with.

It is truly a nice boat. I met Linwood and Wood on the boat and they are just nice folks. Wood also wanted any feedback that might make the boat better, particularly to the Chesapeake crowd where we may do things differently than other locations.

My initial thoughts.....I found the rocket launcher big enough, but it didn't have angled holders for trolling roof rods and it's too high to really but used effectively for most folks. Also thought that there should be some sort of overhang in cockpit to provide shade....you know how hot it can get on summer days. How about a cockpit boarding step as standard?

I doubt that the boat will be on the market long though.....too nice to pass up....

John

salty sam":2l2lzorv said:
.......... Also thought that there should be some sort of overhang in cockpit to provide shade....you know how hot it can get on summer days.

John

i think you are right on about some cockpit shade. a Judge-style overhang would be a very nice option.

Maybe in the south. The cabin itself provides plenty of shade for the six warm days we get in Mass.! the overhang just cuts down on the beautiful dance floor cockpit.

I agree with the angled rod holders at the and of the rocket launchers. We use ours for all sorts of trolling to keep lines separated. I thought the height of the launchers was just fine! (I'm 6'4")

grouperjim":1dgu3u5a said:
salty sam":1dgu3u5a said:
.......... Also thought that there should be some sort of overhang in cockpit to provide shade....you know how hot it can get on summer days.

John

i think you are right on about some cockpit shade. a Judge-style overhang would be a very nice option.

I agree. It would be a nice option for those that wanted it. It provides a great area for shade in the intense sun but also makes for a good area for fisherman to watch baits or get out of the wind/spray when running without being in the wheelhouse. Side curtains really cut down on the wind and weather too. I know from having the extended top on my last two boats that you can bottom fish from under it too and get out of the sun/rain. It can be an obstruction for casting for those avid flyfisherman though. However The boat still would have a huge cockpit and I tend to think it isnt really a fly fishermans dream boat. Just my humble opinion as it is a feature I really like on my boat.

Latest posts

Back