Parker Font Boat Name

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakhillseric

Reaction score
Just worked this up for the side of the pilot house. Question. Delete the line over the E or no?

Attachments

• 20240222_121619.jpg
    20240222_121619.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Just worked this up for the side of the pilot house. Question. Delete the line over the E or no?
Hi oakhillseric, At first, I thought you put the line over the 'E' (and the 'A') as a 'pronunciation-aid', as in a 'long-E', 'long-A'... (pronounced Fee Lay, in stead of fella)... If not a pronunciation-aid, I'd say remove the line/lines to lessen confusion. (just my opinion).

Hi oakhillseric, At first, I thought you put the line over the 'E' (and the 'A') as a 'pronunciation-aid', as in a 'long-E', 'long-A'... (pronounced Fee Lay, in stead of fella)... If not a pronunciation-aid, I'd say remove the line/lines to lessen confusion. (just my opinion).
The goal was to make the vessel name font resemble the factory Parker with the bow outline. Will drop it over the e for sure.

The goal was to make the vessel name font resemble the factory Parker with the bow outline. Will drop it over the e for sure.
My 2 cents to save you explaining it multiple times over the coming years: the lines are confusing. If you want to have it resemble the boat, then place the name inside of an entire outline of the boat. Doing that might make it redundant.

I’d delete the line over the “e”, and leave the line that’s attached to the “swoop” over the “a” but get rid of the little part that looks like it attaches the “a” to the line.

If that makes sense.
Thanks pelagic2530. I think thats best. Going to waterjet it in stainless and polish it.

Try polishing first, much easier not going over all the edges with the buffing wheel.
Buffing wheel will grab the edge and snatch it out of your hand.
cover with the plastic shipping tape before cutting. then small amount or no polishing after the water jet.

Try polishing first, much easier not going over all the edges with the buffing wheel.
Buffing wheel will grab the edge and snatch it out of your hand.
cover with the plastic shipping tape before cutting. then small amount or no polishing after the water jet.
Thanks Fisher I see your point. Going to polish then cover with layer of plastic.

Back