Parker News Release Nov 2020

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greenwood, Indiana & Charlotte Harbor, Florida
PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 4, 2020

Parker Family steps away from Parker Boats

Beaufort, NC – Today, after much thought and deliberation, Linwood Parker, Trudy Parker and Robin Parker step away from running Parker Boats. Effective immediately.

“Our time in the marine industry has been great” states Linwood and Trudy Parker. “Many lifetime friendships have been derived through our factory, valued dealer networks, long standing business partners, national boat shows and marine industry events.”

Linwood and Trudy Parker started Parker Marine in 1970 building large trawlers. In 1979, Parker introduced the fiberglass models represented today. The current manufacturing plant was built in Beaufort, NC in 1986 and has produced thousands of boats beloved by owners nationwide.

“We have a great crew that have supported our family business for years. Folks that have been together with us for 30+ years. They are long-term, dedicated boat builders, the finest of craftsmen and we could not have accomplished what we have without them. Their fine attention to detail and unswerving pride in our product has made Parker Boats what is today,” Robin Parker reflects. “We are all family here, that is the special signature upon each boat we have built.”

Parker has cultivated a first-class, dealer network of over thirty (30) valued dealers across the United States. A network of marine professionals who have championed our product, its strength, its simplicity and its seaworthiness. The hallmarks of a Parker Boat.

“Over the years we have been fortunate to do business with the best of the best dealers in the industry. Obviously through the past forty-five (45) years there have been ups and downs in our economy, however, our dealers have supported us as a member of the Parker family, and lifted us to grow through thick and thin. For that, we are forever grateful,” Linwood Parker states.

Linwood says, “Thanks to everyone that have supported me and my family in this endeavor.”

This was only a matter of time after the sale to Correct Craft. I suspect this was pretty much the plan all along, keep the Parker family involved long enough to ease the transition and then they're out. Linwood and I suspect Robin both have certainly earned their retirement. I wish them well, and can only hope that Correct Craft is smart enough to diligently maintain the good reputation that they bought with the company.

This was only a matter of time after the sale to Correct Craft. I suspect this was pretty much the plan all along, keep the Parker family involved long enough to ease the transition and then they're out.

Exactly

Maybe they will make Parkers even better... Somehow, I doubt it. lol

We rushed earlier to get one of the last few build slots for this model year, glad we did!

--

Last edited:
PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 4, 2020

Parker Family steps away from Parker Boats

Beaufort, NC – Today, after much thought and deliberation, Linwood Parker, Trudy Parker and Robin Parker step away from running Parker Boats. Effective immediately.

“Our time in the marine industry has been great” states Linwood and Trudy Parker. “Many lifetime friendships have been derived through our factory, valued dealer networks, long standing business partners, national boat shows and marine industry events.”

Linwood and Trudy Parker started Parker Marine in 1970 building large trawlers. In 1979, Parker introduced the fiberglass models represented today. The current manufacturing plant was built in Beaufort, NC in 1986 and has produced thousands of boats beloved by owners nationwide.

“We have a great crew that have supported our family business for years. Folks that have been together with us for 30+ years. They are long-term, dedicated boat builders, the finest of craftsmen and we could not have accomplished what we have without them. Their fine attention to detail and unswerving pride in our product has made Parker Boats what is today,” Robin Parker reflects. “We are all family here, that is the special signature upon each boat we have built.”

Parker has cultivated a first-class, dealer network of over thirty (30) valued dealers across the United States. A network of marine professionals who have championed our product, its strength, its simplicity and its seaworthiness. The hallmarks of a Parker Boat.

“Over the years we have been fortunate to do business with the best of the best dealers in the industry. Obviously through the past forty-five (45) years there have been ups and downs in our economy, however, our dealers have supported us as a member of the Parker family, and lifted us to grow through thick and thin. For that, we are forever grateful,” Linwood Parker states.

Linwood says, “Thanks to everyone that have supported me and my family in this endeavor.”
I was sad to see this, but it was not at all unexpected. I wish the Parker family the very best and I thank them for making us a boat we love and are proud to own.

Just purchased my first Parker (2520 Sport Cabin), but have followed the company for decades. I know Correct Craft, and there's no doubt in my mind that the brand will continue to improve in small but incremental ways. We'll be supported for decades to come! Hopefully, Linwood will become a CC board member and continue holding their hand of progress...

All the best, Parker Family! Cheers, ~ Buzz (NH)

We had a CC in the early 70s. It was a great boat. 24' San Juan with flybridge. Thick, hand-laid fiberglass with thick wood sandwiched in. Had a 440 Chrysler. It flew. Only downside I can think of was they were fresh water thinkers, not deep blue. The boat did not have scuppers and there was no access to the bilge that I recall. A local charter captain here in the Va Bch, Va area has the cc version of that hull, Fish Nautique. He loves the boat and it's ride in chop as well as ocean swells, but when eel fishing for striper he will not allow his customers to bait their hooks. If an eel got loose and slipped to the stern, there'd be no getting to it without removing the gas tank. In buying Parker they gain a wealth of knowledge. Let's hope they up the Parkers with their well known ergonomics/human factors so the trim tab connections are easily accessed. Their boats, though built of wood like others back in the day, were not prone to rotting like their competitors.

Attachments

• Correct Craft San Juan 25.JPG
    Correct Craft San Juan 25.JPG
    966.3 KB · Views: 29
https://www.correctcraft.com/correct-craft-appoints-scott-bauer-president-of-parker-boats/
BEAUFORT, NC (November 5, 2020) – Earlier today, Correct Craft President and CEO Bill Yeargin announced Scott Bauer as the new President of Parker Boats.

Bauer has had a 26-year career in the marine industry that began with Outboard Marine Corporation, working in both their aluminum boat group and engine group. He then transitioned to Tracker Marine Group where he held various positions in sales and customer service for 17 years and was the Vice President of Sales and Service for the last 5 years of his tenure at the company. For the last four and a half years Bauer has played an instrumental role at Parker’s sister company, Nautique Boats, as the Vice President of Sales and Service. During Bauer’s tenure at Nautique the company experienced significant growth. While at Nautique, he also participated in three international mission trips and served on the WSIA (Water Sports Industry Association) Waterways Committee.

Bill Yeargin, President and CEO of Correct Craft stated, “My relationship with Scott has grown over the past four and a half years. Scott is highly respected among competitors, dealers, vendors, employees, and customers and we couldn’t be more excited about his new role at Parker.”

Yeargin added, “In the eighteen months that Parker Boats has been part of the Correct Craft family we have accomplished a lot. We have invested significantly in several areas including a new facility expansion, several new team leaders, new product, and new lean six sigma and strategic planning processes. I am extremely excited about the future of Parker Boats and am certain Scott and the Parker team will do great things in the years ahead.”

Finally, Yeargin stated, “I am extremely appreciative of Linwood and Trudy Parker. They built an amazing company and laid the foundation upon which we have been building. We will forever be grateful to them and know any future success we have at Parker Boats will be built on their shoulders.”

“I am very humbled to have the opportunity to serve with the Parker Boats team,” stated Scott Bauer, President of Parker Boats. “We have a passionate team that will build on the great foundation that Linwood and Trudy Parker established for over 56 years. We have an exciting future ahead and I look forward to meeting and working with our Parker dealers and partners.”

Correct Craft acquired Parker Boats in April of 2019 which is considered a premium offshore and inshore fishing boat brand. Parker manufactures center consoles, sport cabins, walk-arounds, and dual console boats.

I hope the Parker family enjoy their retirement , and the perks that go with selling the company. I have ordered a 2021 1801 , set to be finished around end of January 2021. I am curious how this buy out will effect the value of Parker boats that are built before and after this !!

Pre-70 Winchesters?
Hi 1801Steve, please elaborate on your Pre-70 Winchesters comment. Are you referring to Greenville, NC then Bethel NC Winchester/Grady-White knock-offs boat company?... I've never owned one of their boats, but was involved with the Winchester company on other issues...

Hi 1801Steve, please elaborate on your Pre-70 Winchesters comment. Are you referring to Greenville, NC then Bethel NC Winchester/Grady-White knock-offs boat company?... I've never owned one of their boats, but was involved with the Winchester company on other issues...

LOL... you are obviously not a shooter. Or maybe just too young. Nothing to do with boats. The ownership of Winchester Firearms changed about 1970. The rifles built prior to that have a cult following. Still.

The value of pre-2020 Parker boats just increased. This isn't good news for Parker boats

Is there reason to believe that it will be bad for Parker boats? I don't know anything about Correct Craft boats; do they have a history of this?

Is there reason to believe that it will be bad for Parker boats? I don't know anything about Correct Craft boats; do they have a history of this?
Correct Craft boats have a great reputation. I know they make world class wake board boats !! Quit pricey , due to all the amenities

Back