parker off-white deck paint

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parker492

Reaction score
does anyone know of a really good paint for the deck? im looking to repaint the cockpit area to keep it from getting so dirty after every foot step on the boat. i would like to keep the parker off white color. i tried looking at west marine but all i see is a beige color non-skid paint and im not sure if itll match up right.

Attachments

• IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 786
Awlgrip Oyster White is a near perfect match to the classic Parker off-white (not the new white since 2017 or so).

Additionally, Pettit makes a single part polyurethane that is also a near perfect match ..... I have a quart at home and will check the color's name and report back.

@ Brent, yeah thats what my deck currently looks like. gets dirtier and dirtier after every fishing trip. PowerWashing cleans it up but it wont last long.

@GoodChance, let me know how! might go buy a can asap.

In an attempt to get the "perfect match" to the classic Parker off-white color, I've tried several single part polyurethane paints. The best I've found is Interlux Brightsides "Hatteras Off-White" (color code 4208).

Pettit Easypoxy "Sandstone" (color code 3518) is close to the Parker off-white but Sandstone is a little darker. Not bad. And it's close. But Sandstone has a little more tan in it. For a floor and for the purposes of color contrast and aesthetics, you might want a little darker.

While some may use a single stage paint on their boat......I'd NEVER do that.

It's just a Glorified alkyd enamel paint. It's durability is not even half of what Awkgrip will be.

However..... I have used it with good results.... But it's on my kitchen cabinets.... Not on a boat.

Single part polyeurthane paint on the cooler. Brightside Hatteras Off-White.

The cooler has a non-skid top.

The cooler has been used pretty hard. Lots of people stepping on it. All kinds of crap scraping against it ranging from 5-gallon buckets to smaller drink coolers to gaffs and nets. The paint doesn't have a single scratch on it.

Attachments

• IMG_7830.JPG
    IMG_7830.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 687
anybody try the Rust-Oleum 207001 Marine Topside Paint, Oyster White?

I replaced my cockpit deck earlier this year. I asked the charter guys what they were using, turns out most use a two part epoxy by Sherwin-Williams, Pro Industrial HP. I took a sample of the old deck to SW and they color matched it pretty well. Had them add Shark Tooth to it for the non-skid.

1334ce09e346c2431b1e93ded31bdfec.heic

dcd19eb1de7824a03b86db00fc948e27.jpg

Mix is 4:1, tape the edge and roll on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rba
Awesome! thanks for the pics. really helps! is it easy to apply? just tape around the edges and roll it on right?

ryderpit":2fowgz1w said:
anybody try the Rust-Oleum 207001 Marine Topside Paint, Oyster White?

I used it on my pilothouse roof repair
392782557ef47ab23f8bc422407fd74c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rba
Is my 2005 boat also oyster white?

Attachments

• IMG_20211218_144013423_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211218_144013423_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211218_131714435.jpg
    IMG_20211218_131714435.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Any good body shop has a color camera that will match perfectly. If you use gelcoat or epoxy they can probably tint exact match that's what we do and I've done a lot of boats

I used Awlgrip after my deck replacement and it came out amazing. Rolled and tipped it almost looks sprayed. Tipping is very important to remove bubbles.
The color match is almost perfect. Its expensive paint but IMHO its worth the money. Its incredibly hard paint.

Awlgrip oyster white. I've used it for several projects and the color is almost an exact match. Alexseal is another good choice that can be touched up.

Awlgrip oyster white. I've used it for several projects and the color is almost an exact match. Alexseal is another good choice that can be touched up.

Is Awlgrip Oyster White the correct color for newer Parkers? I have a 2013 2520 and am looking to repaint my Armstrong bracket.

Back