Parkers at the Tampa Boat Show today.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
32-40 sportfish under $100k? I would stay away from those boats, they have to have issues to go for that cheap.

Kevin I completely agree with everything that you said. Ive watch my dad sit on a 30 chirs craft tournament for 6 years cant give it away. However at some point in times some guys want to upgrade to something that has a little more creature comforts. Running and maintenance costs on these boats do double I guess that's the sacrifice you have to make. Im sure Bryan can chime in on his thoughts he is currently going through the upgrade process.

@ Jutah believe they are out there and not everything is junk. Like Kevin said these guys cant afford the maintenance, slip fees, etc with these boats, its a buyers market and there are some really good deals out there on boats 100K or less that are worth buying.

Megabyte":16aemsol said:
That 32 to 40 sportfish might be able to be had for under 100k, but the maintenance and upkeep (along with the slip fees), will eat you alive over its lifespan.

I think that what keeps the value up on our boats is the lower maintenance and operating costs, as well as the quality and reputation of the hulls.
The older boats (even ours) will always require updating and replacement of 15 to 20 year old parts, but that will be true for any brand.

My neighbor owns a 34 SeaRay that has been for sale for 2 years, and even listing it for less that what he owes on it, it still won't sell.
Why?
Maintenance, upkeep, and operational costs. That is where we have an advantage.

love those pictures, Dam PARKERS are good looking boats.

went and saw them.
Now just can't figure out 2501 or 2500 ... Ugh...

Speaking of boat prices etc., ... I was at the show with Jim ( chatting up the lovely Mrs. Robin while he was taking photos ) anyway... what I noticed, in my totally unscientific observational methodology.... was the HUGE number of Pontoon boats on display and the large number of people checking them out! Pontoon Boats? What's up with that?

TheOtherLine":181az2zs said:
Pontoon Boats? What's up with that?

Party barges... especially popular on the lakes and inland waterways, even around here.

We actually have a 22' pontoon boat wet slipped in the marina where I'm docked.
He fishes the tributaries with it and I've even seen him in the main stem of the Chesapeake on good weather days.
You can put a lot of people on a 22' pontoon and still fish. :)
Doesn't take much power to push them either.

same up here in the northeast, every boat show seems to be dominated by the pontoon boats.

Aside from the starboard vee berth door, the 2530 remains virtually unchanged, save for a few pop up cleats and upgraded spreader lights.

What happened to the new 2530???? :?: :?: :?:

And mine could be had for 1/2 the MSRP with bigger engines and full electronics, stereo, etc.

Nice photo's from the boat show, thank's for posting. Guess I should have gone to see them in person, they look really sweet!

TheOtherLine":2d4xoe8l said:
Speaking of boat prices etc., ... I was at the show with Jim ( chatting up the lovely Mrs. Robin while he was taking photos ) anyway... what I noticed, in my totally unscientific observational methodology.... was the HUGE number of Pontoon boats on display and the large number of people checking them out! Pontoon Boats? What's up with that?

no joke 55k for a pontoon boat with a slide on the top? what kind of impulse buy is that? or how loaded are some people?

No way Id want that loan on my books... LOL.

I liked the boat show. Got to see a few of the boats I wanted to, and pretty much calculated my decision. No just got to find the boat. Wifey doesnt like the no seats, no sex appeal style - but she can get a new pink beanbag then. :)

bearohs":9ny5f7zz said:
............ Wifey doesnt like the no seats, no $$$ appeal style - but she can get a new pink beanbag then. :)

Yeah Josh, anytime you and the wifey want a go for a ride during the week, don't hesitate to give me a call.

I also thought pontoon boats were useless. Then we had one for lobster season in the Keys one year. Lots of deck space, tons of shade, and low fuel burn. I would have one no question.

Back