Parkers at work in Cayman Islands

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captbone

Reaction score
I just got back from my holiday trip to Grand Cayman. What a great place. Most of the dive/fish/snorkel boat are 23-25ft single outboard. Mako's, Parker's and Dusky's were the main stay. Alot of modified side consoles. The Parkers (3 of them)were all MV's and open back with bracketed singles. All had bow pulpits and one had no bow rail which looked great. Mostly Mercs and Hondas on all the different boats, (no yamahas).

The most interesting things about the boats was the ground tackle. Large Fortress anchors with very large 3/4 SS chain. It was 15ft of chain then three strand. All of the boats (all different companies) had this set up. I sat on the beach and watch them all week. They never had a single problem setting out either bow or stern anchors with this set up. I am sure this set up is big money.

parket.jpg

parker2.jpg

yep. ive seen those very boats, but havent been able to get a pic of them before. thats right off that one boat ramp by 7 mile beach, right? ive dove off the one boat directly facing you in the second picture (ATAtude). ill tell the parkers you say hi when im down there in Feb. :wink:

Hi everyone,
These are great pictures. I'm thinking about starting to charter my boat for dives. I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions about ladders.

My boat is a 2520XL and I live in New York. I only mention it because in the NE, the divers are usually humping 250lbs of equipment (not to mention what they weigh!!!) so the ladder has to be heavy duty.

Thanks
Rick

Rick Cohen":1hdzb8p7 said:
Hi everyone,
These are great pictures. I'm thinking about starting to charter my boat for dives. I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions about ladders.

My boat is a 2520XL and I live in New York. I only mention it because in the NE, the divers are usually humping 250lbs of equipment (not to mention what they weigh!!!) so the ladder has to be heavy duty.

Thanks
Rick

hey rick, theres a 28' seahawk in my marina thats rigged for diving. his ladder is a flip-down, fins on ladder bolted to the bracket with backing plates, with a curved bar that goes from the bracket to the top of the transom to serve as a handrail. it looks like a custom job. ive never dove off the boat, but i know the captain and he does do some deep stuff, full tech gear, etc. ill see if i can get some of the pics he sends out, but his setup is pretty simple, few benches and ladder. shoot me an email at [email protected] and ill forward you what ive got.

Heck... If you have photos of dive ladders, post em up here! :)

Latest posts

Back