PIlothouse/cabin dimensions 21vs23v25

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jermedic

Reaction score
All,

Looking to get a used pilothouse that I can confidently troll on Lake Ontario sometimes and otherwise get out of crappy weather when it kicks up on the finger lakes.

A priority for me is an enclosed marine head and as much pilothouse space as possible to get my family out of the snot.

Thoughts on the 21 vs 23 vs 25 with regard to this? Do these all have the same pilothouse and berths and plumbed in porta-potti?

Thanks

All,

Looking to get a used pilothouse that I can confidently troll on Lake Ontario sometimes and otherwise get out of crappy weather when it kicks up on the finger lakes.

A priority for me is an enclosed marine head and as much pilothouse space as possible to get my family out of the snot.

Thoughts on the 21 vs 23 vs 25 with regard to this? Do these all have the same pilothouse and berths and plumbed in porta-potti?

Thanks
Hi Jermedic, How many are in 'the family' ?; how much space do you need? Parker's designers have done a great job with the profile 'proportions' of the 21, 23, 25 pilothouse's; from a distance it is hard to tell which one is which. As for actual useable space/volume, they are what would be expected. The 25 is much larger, also because it has a larger 9'6" beam. It also has a separated, closable, lockable 'room' forward in the V-berth cuddy area. Since that is where the head is located (either electric, manual or 'porta') it can make that a private space. Some of the older 2830's have an actual separate head area, but those are rare.
Seating in the pilothouse also varies with the 21,23,25. Some have 4 seats. Some have 3, and a galley space. Some have 2 seats. Some have a 'bench' on the port side instead of one, or two separate seats. The 25's usually have 4 seats in the pilothouse, and room to 'stand' one or two more. If you will be trailering often, the 25 is a hand-full. I only trailer when hauling out for hurricanes, so not a big issue for me. It's on a lift the rest of the time.

Last edited:
Hi Jermedic, How many are in 'the family' ?; how much space do you need? Parker's designers have done a great job with the profile 'proportions' of the 21, 23, 25 pilothouse's; from a distance it is hard to tell which one is which. As for actual useable space/volume, they are what would be expected. The 25 is much larger, also because it has a larger 9'6" beam. It also has a separated, closable, lockable 'room' forward in the V-berth cuddy area. Since that is where the head is located (either electric, manual or 'porta') it can make that a private space. Some of the older 2830's have an actual separate head area, but those are rare.
Seating in the pilothouse also varies with the 21,23,25. Some have 4 seats. Some have 3, and a galley space. Some have 2 seats. Some have a 'bench' on the port side instead of one, or two separate seats. The 25's usually have 4 seats in the pilothouse, and room to 'stand' one or two more. If you will be trailering often, the 25 is a hand-full. I only trailer when hauling out for hurricanes, so not a big issue for me. It's on a lift the rest of the time.
Family is three children (5,8,12 yr old) and the two adults

My opinion is, you'd have plenty of get-out-of-the-weather space in a 2520 for all; and usable, closable head area in the cuddy. (there are a lot of folks on this site that have the heads, and seldom or never use them. I'm one of them.) Not as much privacy or room in the 23 or 21, although most have a draw-curtain for some privacy in the bunk/head space. With that, it is more about personal preference and what level of privacy you all are used to, and/or want.

Do Yourself a favor. Forget the Port-A-Potty. Have you ever cleaned one?

Buy a toilet seat that fits a 5gal bucket. Did this with my son.....and 4 YOUNG Granddaughters onboard.

Or bare minimum, cut the inner flat circle out of the bucket lid, leaving only the top raised rim that would engage the bucket. I call it the "comfort ring." Works well, cheap, semi disposable.

I think with family time in the picture youd be better off with a 2520. 2530 has a bigger pilot house but those are a rare gem.

The 21 and 23 pilot houses are the exact same. There is only room for about 2-3 adults, they do have a smaller berthing area and come from the factory with a port-a-potty. The berthing area would only be useful when the boat is at rest because of the pogo motion that occurs up there.

I think there are better options for a family boat.

Back