Problem shifting gear

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilC

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem putting motor in gear? It just started getting hard to put in gear last week. Any ideas for what to check. Thanks

Did you 'move' or place anything in the stern? You could be crimping or putting a bend into the control wires. Check that first.

Then, disconnect at motor and check controls to see how they shift. And then shift the motor to see how it shifts. Lubricate as needed ...

Not sure what to do next on Yam controls & motors ... , as either of the above typically corrects most motors.

There is suppose to be a recall for this problem on Yahmaha motors. A friend of mine with a non Parker boat had the same problem this weekend and says it is a free fix. Mine are fine right now but would like to know more.

Anyone know about this recall regarding shifting problems????

Thanks guys for the info. Dale, I checked cables didn't find any kinks. I'll try disconnecting at motor this weekend. Bryan, it seems to be in gear shift, motor is idling fine.

throttle down or shift well. was very sticky in the controls mechanism (ie the box with the throttle/gear handle). just needed lube in the control mechanism box.
take the 2 little screws/plate off (or go in from underneath) and hit with some CRC or WD40. my issue went away after that.
hk

Back