Prop Maintenance

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozdogg

Reaction score
CP Family,

Looking for a good cleaner for my prop. Starting to get a little rust on the inside and on one of the blades. I polished it a few months ago and some of the rust came of with some elbow grease, but it's difficult to get the inside. Any recommendations?

I buy in bulk online. I use it for everything. You can also buy Barkeeper's Friend has oxalic acid as it's main ingredient. It comes in powdered form. Mix it like a paste and apply to any rust, let it sit 5-10 minutes and rinse. Works great on rust stains on the boat deck, hull, console.

Be careful using chemicals on stainless. It’ll work, but it runs the risk of etching the surface and eliminating the protective layer that keeps the stainless from oxidizing. This will only make your problems worse in the end. Whatever you decide on, spend some time researching whether or not it’s ok to use on stainless before you apply it.

Be careful using chemicals on stainless. It’ll work, but it runs the risk of etching the surface and eliminating the protective layer that keeps the stainless from oxidizing. This will only make your problems worse in the end. Whatever you decide on, spend some time researching whether or not it’s ok to use on stainless before you apply it.
Thank you! What do you use on stainless?

Mine were seriously neglected by the previous owner. During the offseason I pulled them and cleaned them with toilet bowl cleaner and a scrub pad in my basement utility tub to get the mud / marine growth off. The toilet bowl cleaner was the only thing that worked. After that I used Mother's Mag Wheel Aluminum Polish to put a mirror like finish on them which is what the OEM recommended.

1638643129705.png

Back