Providence Boat Show - Parker style

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Matt":1ohazpcd said:
Some cockpit pictures

This wire channel cover looks a bit awkward. Maybe ABS plastic :?:

Great photos Matt! Thanks for taking the time to post them. :wink:

I love scrutinizing the photos to see what is new, or what has changed.
I'm OK with the PVC wire chases. With todays electronics, the wiring gets more and more involved (and larger too!). Have you seen some of the radar cabling lately? :shock:

The Rhode Island show was lite with traffic,but that was ok with me i met Robin Parker,they stated to me that on thursday they had a 2120 Pilot House there and sold it that nite,well they did have nice cold Beer there as well!!!!Well the pics. posted are very nice and good job!!!

Nice photos UM.
I wonder how much of Parker design modifications come from Classic Parker members?
The 23SE console is sweet, with draining cup holders to boot! I wish I had that room for working on my wiring, and creating more storage.
I also like the flat surface where the electronics can be installed. They laid out the helm much better by moving the switch panel as well as
the trim tab,ignigtion and horn switches.
I do like my glove box though and most likely would have one fabricated.
Sweet boat them Parkers are!
Happy I am lucky enough to own one.
Cant wait till the San Francisco Boat Show next weekend.

It looks to me that Parker really put some effort into the fit and finish on their boats this year. The boats all came with either stainless or chrome thru hull's, grab handles everywhere, and all of the little things that shows they are starting to listen and that they care.

They only had the 23SE for center consoles at the show though. Parker had 3 pilot houses, 2 walkarounds, and the 23SE at the show and none of their boats had twins. Because the economy is in the crapper, I think they wanted to keep the sticker prices down.

One vendor told me that this was the worst year at Providence since 9/11. Providence's show was held in only 1 building this year and the foot traffic was minimal. Another vendor blames the earliness of this years show, coupled with the Boston show next week for the weak turnout.

FishPimp":5lt7vlfa said:
I wonder how much of Parker design modifications come from Classic Parker members?

We will probably never know for certain, but I would think there is some validity to that.
All one needs to do is to look at some of the more popular modifications in the "Projects" area to see similar upgrades to the newest models.

I think it says a lot for the members here... and it says a lot for the company too. :wink:

I was at a canvas shop two weekends ago. With Boston's show moving to bigger building last year and not able to get the Washington's Birthday weekend such that it is starting this weekend it made the Providence boat show smaller. Said some dealers and other companies couldn't justify their being so close and the rates are higher now that it is not in Bayside Expo and in Convention Center now.

Providence show will get marginalized.

Dana

I run a 23SE, and have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the new 23SE console design. I would miss the sliding glove box opening. Great place to keep easy access to gloves, pliers, belts, etc. Also, personally I really would prefer to have the switches continued to be located in there, out of the elements and out of sight. I really don't like the looks of the switches right there on the console.

The flush mounting service is pretty nice, and would have been a draw to me when I bought my 23SE. However, after using the current set up for a couple years with the locking plexiglass door, I do really like all the extra storage that is available in there, and I like keeping my electronics a little more protected.

I know that they probably feel like they need to stay current with some other newer designs to be competitive, but personally it has always been the traditional, simplicity and clean classic lines that I loved about Parker. Not trying to dis Parker, as they absolutely rule and are the greatest boats out there.

Uncle Matt":2zyly9o9 said:
... foot traffic was light and Robin Parker had just left for another show.

Could it be ... BOSTON :?: ?

Back