Puerto Rico

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mako was bought here in P'cola....It was shipped to Puerto Rico.

Husband & Wife bought it....Both officers and both Coasties.

Thanks, I really want to take it there, sounds like the CG will cover at least most of getting it there, but I have to pay a 6.6% tax on the value to get it into PR, and finding insurance right now is proving to be kinda difficult... Ugh the fun of a transfer!

Curious if the 6.6% value is set by them or NADA or Bill of Sale? Either way, that sucks. By the way, I like your boats name. I considered it for mine. My old boat was "Knot A Worry". Was going to stay with the "Knot" theme. 1 year later, still no name. So far "Cape Crewsader" is in the running as I keep my Parker in Beaufort and was working the Cape Lookout into it. I just can't pull the trigger on it though. I Used to live in Wilmington, great place. Kept my boat at Masonboro Boat Yard. Are you at the WB Station or on Diligence? I spent many thousands of hours on the water there. Good luck with your transfer and thanks for your service!

Hey! Well I am no longer stationed in NC. I grew up between Sneads Ferry and Holly Ridge. I was stationed in Wilmington then at Camp Lejeune. I am currently in Southwest Harbor, Maine. Miss the Carolinas big time.
The 6.6% is based on the value they set apparently... From what I hear it can be a pain in the rear to establish a reasonable value.

Knot Right was an easy one, I say that all the time to the wife haha. My prior boat was a Lake & Bay 20' flats boat, named "A Salt Weapon" haha!

We have (or had) a CP member in PR at one time.
I remember him posting...

Coastie, nice to see another active duty coast guardsman on the board!

coastie743":18uwrgih said:
finding insurance right now is proving to be kinda difficult... Ugh the fun of a transfer!

I assume that you have tried BoatU.S. for insurance. I would be surprised if they wouldn't offer coverage. Another possibility is Panteanius... find a broker who can write them them. They cover a lot of offshore causing boats.

Back